The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Argh! I keep going back and forth to whether or not we should get the Cheers program!!

I barely drink, but my husband likes his beers.....it makes me sick to think of potentially spending $1000 (Canadian) on alcohol (6 day Western on Breeze)......but then I don't want to necessarily be watching the account every day and possibly putting a limit on our fun....help!!!

As a cheers buyer/beer drinker, I'll agree with the others. If you aren't much of a drinker it isn't worth it. He could drink the max 15 premium beers/day and it wouldn't pay for 2 cheers packages. If he just had to buy one package and he did that, he would do quite well though. 😀

Is there a time limit on buying the Cheers plan? Or can it be purchased at any point in the cruise? I don't want to purchase it on the first day and we will be at Half Moon Cay the second day. So if at all possible I would like to purchase it on the third day.

From what I have read on here and Carnival's site, you must purchase by the second day.

I may be wrong, but that is how I understood it.

Is there a time limit on buying the Cheers plan? Or can it be purchased at any point in the cruise? I don't want to purchase it on the first day and we will be at Half Moon Cay the second day. So if at all possible I would like to purchase it on the third day.
First or second day only. Even if every day was a port day, you would still have at least 7 hours of drinking between 500 and Midnight, assuming you stopped at 12. How difficult is it to enjoy 2 drinks before dinner, 2 drinks during dinner and 2 drinks after dinner? At this point you're already ahead of the game assuming that you're smart and enjoy the expensive concoctions at the Alchemy bar or the Red Frog Pub. If you're a beer drinker, just buy buckets or consume Foster's Oil cans and don't purchase Cheers.

Are the after dinner shots included? Not even sure if they have them on carnival, but they were really good on rccl.
Royal comes around after dinner and pushes their different colored shot glasses as a nice money maker. Carnival does not do this practice, but you can go to any bar and enjoy a shot of your choice. The piano bar had a nice one that is half Baileys and half Patron XO.

Royal comes around after dinner and pushes their different colored shot glasses as a nice money maker. Carnival does not do this practice, but you can go to any bar and enjoy a shot of your choice. The piano bar had a nice one that is half Baileys and half Patron XO.

They don't do this as of when? On two of my cruises over the last 20 months they did do this. I was taken by surprise when the price of the shots (and shot glasses) were on my S&S account even though I had CHEERS!.

Are the after dinner shots included? Not even sure if they have them on carnival, but they were really good on rccl.

Yes, they come around the dining room selling shots in souvenir glasses. No, they are not included in the Cheers program...

They don't do this as of when? On two of my cruises over the last 20 months they did do this. I was taken by surprise when the price of the shots (and shot glasses) were on my S&S account even though I had CHEERS!.

Anytime anything isn't free/included they make sure you understand that there will be a charge on your account and how much it is. They told me 4 times 4 different ways to make sure I understood there was going to be a 3 dollar charge for the souvenir shot and shotglass. On Crown Princess in the MDR they have you sign a slip of paper. So if a person doesn't know there is a charge it's not for lack of trying on the ships personals part.

Anytime anything isn't free/included they make sure you understand that there will be a charge on your account and how much it is. They told me 4 times 4 different ways to make sure I understood there was going to be a 3 dollar charge for the souvenir shot and shotglass. On Crown Princess in the MDR they have you sign a slip of paper. So if a person doesn't know there is a charge it's not for lack of trying on the ships personals part.

Oh I wasn't really complaining. It was my first cruise and I blindly said yes to about everyone that approached me. That and it was a seaday, I had CHEERS! and it was dinner time. I may have been a bit foggy.

Oh I wasn't really complaining. It was my first cruise and I blindly said yes to about everyone that approached me. That and it was a seaday, I had CHEERS! and it was dinner time. Isouv may have been a bit foggy.

Well we have all been there. Hope you enjoyed the souvenir glasses.

Loving the new changes coming next month!!! We weren't going to get cheers but now with the changes I think we will!!

I'm leaning towards the same... as long as nothing changes. Will be nice to be able to get any glass of wine or the more expensive cocktails.

As I understand it, the only changes are increasing the types of non-alcoholic drinks that are included, increasing the maximum price of alcoholic drinks that are included, and increasing the charge by $5/day *IF* you buy it on-ship (no increase if you buy it beforehand). Did I miss anything? Seems like a positive move to me.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm leaning towards the same... as long as nothing changes. Will be nice to be able to get any glass of wine or the more expensive cocktails.

I am new to cruising and I am planning another cruise in a few months and I am thinking about the package. Can you tell me what the more expensive cocktails are? Because I just keep finding prices under $10 in my searches.

I know the new program is good up to $50 per drink but are there really drinks that cost that much? If so what are they?

I am lost on this and any more info that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to cruising and I am planning another cruise in a few months and I am thinking about the package. Can you tell me what the more expensive cocktails are? Because I just keep finding prices under $10 in my searches.

I know the new program is good up to $50 per drink but are there really drinks that cost that much? If so what are they?

I am lost on this and any more info that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the $50 per drink goes towards upgrading the quality of the liquor in a mixed drink. For example if you want a margarita but prefer higher end tequila in it, then the price goes up. I read something that led me to believe this on another thread but it was unclear and I haven't verified it. Makes sense though.

Do they care if you are sharing your drinks? I understand that you have to wait 5 minutes between ordering alcohol but do they care if you hand your drinks out to your friends if you are willing to burn through your 15 drinks? I understand that specialty coffees and milkshakes are now included; can you order more than one coffee or milkshake at a time? Or do you have to order those 5 minutes apart as well? Thanks for your help!! My family of 5 will be on the Sunshine on Friday and I am trying to figure out if the CHEERS package is worth just one of the adults purchasing it (we have 2 cabins with one adult in each cabin).

Do they care if you are sharing your drinks?

yes

I understand that you have to wait 5 minutes between ordering alcohol but do they care if you hand your drinks out to your friends if you are willing to burn through your 15 drinks?

yes

I understand that specialty coffees and milkshakes are now included; can you order more than one coffee or milkshake at a time? Or do you have to order those 5 minutes apart as well?

you need to wait because there is no sharing

Thanks for your help!! My family of 5 will be on the Sunshine on Friday and I am trying to figure out if the CHEERS package is worth just one of the adults purchasing it (we have 2 cabins with one adult in each cabin).

PER PERSON, this is not buy one and share it with my family. One person can not buy Cheers. Thousands of post and you get this question, unbelievable.
One person can buy Cheers as long as they are the only adult in the cabin. On the other hand, as you have stated, sharing is not allowed and if caught you will be reprimanded the first time and your program privileges can be revoked and not refunded if you continue to share.