Asking for different drinks

dalliowner

I have tried twice now on my onboard preferences to get some Leffe for our room fridge along with Myers rum and on neither occasion have I received the Leffe,but both times the Myers arrived.We had booked well in advance so it should not have been a big problem I would have thought.There were certainly plenty of other brands,just not my beer of choice.

I have tried twice now on my onboard preferences to get some Leffe for our room fridge along with Myers rum and on neither occasion have I received the Leffe,but both times the Myers arrived.We had booked well in advance so it should not have been a big problem I would have thought.There were certainly plenty of other brands,just not my beer of choice.

Leffe is quite an obscure beer to expect the ship to carry. Obviously when racing a Spa or Zolder it is widely available on tap but outside Belgium less so. I have always assumed the preferences were based around what was available on-board. I didn't think they shipped stuff in specifically for you.

Henry :)

Leffe is quite an obscure beer to expect the ship to carry. Obviously when racing a Spa or Zolder it is widely available on tap but outside Belgium less so. I have always assumed the preferences were based around what was available on-board. I didn't think they shipped stuff in specifically for you.

Perhaps it's my charming personality but I've had them either ship stuff in (Hendricks Gin) or go ashore to find some (Patron silver Tequila - that was an "surprise" from Karl, Beam high proof, and Stoli Elit).:D

Some stuff they can't ship in, or find in less than 3 (or was it 4) days: Black Cherry Rum from St. Thomas. Every year that's been an interesting adventure for the passenger who orders it.

Hello Henry,

It may seem pretty obscure to some,but on Silversea where I first tried it and Azamara where it is available on the "premium beer upgrade" list it was readily available.I would have thought Seabourn being more "upmarket" would have it readily available.They did manage to find some Duvel in stock for me but at 8.5%:eek: it was far to heavy for me.I had the impression that they did make an effort to get things in when people had requested them but it appears I may be wrong.But never mind in all other respects Seabourn always go the extra mile to please their guests and to the wife and I they are simple wonderful.

Regards

Keith

Azamara and Silverseas will have a deal with Anheuser–Busch InBev who own / distribute Leffe I suspect.

It's the same reason places like the Co-op in the UK supply it and Hoegaarden as part of their "niche market" offering. Grants who own Hendricks is a huge whiskey supplier who have excellent market penetration throughout the world. I'm surprised Seabourn don't have it as standard onboard.

It also depends where the ships are sailing out of. What may be available during a Mediterranean / UK season might not be available during Asian sailings where supplies might be adjusted to suite local tastes and availability. To be fair of course much of the supply chain is centrally organised and freighted into which ever port suits.

So long as I get my HP sauce I don't care if I have to work around the bar stock a little :)

I've found with beers Seabourn is for the most part very down market, like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Corona, Bud, Miller, Heineken and Grolsch, but the Grolsch runs out very quickly. They don't by default carry darker beers nor any ales. On the last TA when Newcastle appeared as a special request I believe the person who ordered it was limited to one a day lest they run out before the end of the cruise. Hendricks being a special request was also surprising.

I've found with beers Seabourn is for the most part very down market, like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Corona, Bud, Miller, Heineken and Grolsch, but the Grolsch runs out very quickly. They don't by default carry darker beers nor any ales. On the last TA when Newcastle appeared as a special request I believe the person who ordered it was limited to one a day lest they run out before the end of the cruise. Hendricks being a special request was also surprising.

The problem is that you cannot please all the people all the time. Personally, I am not big on the Belgian craft beers. But I do like a nice Yuengling, Fat Tire or Oak Creek Amber. But I also recognise that it is unreasonable to expect Seabourn to stock these. So I slum it with the occasional Becks.

I did the same thing, also requested a certain wine on the web site before leaving. They had the other things right, but not the wine, I requested it again from the room stewardess, and the next day it was there.

Another couple we met on board asked if they had some craft beer, after the next port of call they were told which bar the beer was stocked at.