Restaurant 2 on The Odyssey, menu and food pictures

Catlover54

From the two BTB cruises that ended a couple weeks ago in Istanbul here follows the menu of my last night at R2, where to start Laurent Perrier champagne and then several excellent wines were paired (with a $60 upcharge for the wines) with the small plates that were served. Everything was outstanding, very tasty,good service

Pretty sure we had that menu on another cruise,

Unfortunately quest lost the ball on our last cruise,,,, we always do the upgrade wines in R2 but these weren't even mentioned .... I was quite perplexed

Our food came out before we could even get to the um which wine....

Did you work from left or right (also Not mentioned on quest)

Worked the menu top to bottom, and left to right on the plates. The first course, chef's cocktail, which I do not have a picture of, was in a dish where you just dug in top to bottom. The popcorn, oddly, really worked. And the wonderful different kinds of bread served accompanying all this had differently flavored butters to go with them.

The British waiter (David?) spent a LOT of time lovingly and a little dramatcially describing each wine, once I had decided on the pairing option. The free wine options were also not bad but it was the last night of the cruise and these sounded even better so I splurged and used the rest of my OBC. It felt like a regular land-based upscale restaurant experience and for those who like small plate fine dining, I highly recommend it.

Looks a fairly standard R2 menu but have never heard of the upgrade wine offering certainly wasn't offered on the 7 day Istanbul Black Sea Cruise in the first half of September when we ate in R2 but a great idea.

The R2 menu I had the week of the first BTB, 9/5-9/12, Greek Isles, was different and tasty but did not have a pairing offering, After I had this second one, I told the waiter to please pass on the chefs and authorities that I thought they should consistently offer a pairing.

The R2 menu I had the week of the first BTB, 9/5-9/12, Greek Isles, was different and tasty but did not have a pairing offering, After I had this second one, I told the waiter to please pass on the chefs and authorities that I thought they should consistently offer a pairing.

Apparently the pairing is always there but not always mentioned

Our quest waiter was quite surprised when I asked... His comment was Oh Not many do that.. We don't always offer because so few take it up and a lit feel it's an up sell