Was anyone on Seabourn Ship when Thomas Keller dishes were sampled in September?

dafne

They are being offered every other night here on Odyssey, supposed to be hush hush but why??

If you are not in the dining room early they are gone!

Everything we have tried so far has been absolutely stunning! We do not usually have dessert but the creamsicle was out of this world!

To be honest we were underwhelmed when the Thomas Keller association was announced but we were wrong, cannot wait for the full menu to be implemented.

They are being offered every other night here on Odyssey, supposed to be hush hush but why??

If you are not in the dining room early they are gone!

Everything we have tried so far has been absolutely stunning! We do not usually have dessert but the creamsicle was out of this world!

To be honest we were underwhelmed when the Thomas Keller association was announced but we were wrong, cannot wait for the full menu to be implemented.

Have you noticed any vegetarian dishes so far?

Accuracy of responses. Some people will be more critical because its Keller. Keller fans otoh would do the opposite. The best case scenario for responses is if they are given blind without participants knowing who made what.

I was on the Quest which docked in Boston on the 11th and can say the meals offered in the MDR and the Colonnade were superb. Not only the quality but also the variation and number of choices.

I have no idea whether it had anything to do with Keller or with Chef John but I did notice the (IMO) wonderful choices and quality.

Have you noticed any vegetarian dishes so far?

The special menu is offered every other night and each time it is offered there is a vegetarian option apart from one of the nights when it did not turn out as expected so was substituted, I was disappointed as I am vegetarian. Everything so far has been amazing, we had no clue who Thomas Keller is but we are loving the food.

The special featured dishes I have had on the Odyssey the last couple weeks have been very good. However, I have been equally impressed with most of the other non-Keller offerings. This is my first SB experience and I have been delighted with the overall cuisine and dining room service (am comparing mostly with my latest SS experiences).

The special menu is offered every other night and each time it is offered there is a vegetarian option apart from one of the nights when it did not turn out as expected so was substituted, I was disappointed as I am vegetarian. Everything so far has been amazing, we had no clue who Thomas Keller is but we are loving the food.

Thomas Keller is very veggie-friendly. In fact, his world-famous French Laundry restaurant in Napa features only two tasting menus: regular or vegetarian.

I emailed his corporate office last month to ask if he'll be creating many vegetarian dishes for Seabourn, but they never responded. Glad to hear you're enjoying his veggie dishes on board. If possible, can you list some of them? Are they vegetarian or vegan? Thanks.

Just so long as they don't bring five+ kinds of salt to the table as is done at Per Se.

And what nerve! They offered me sea salt but refused to tell me from which sea it came!!!!

I'm disappointed to hear that they aren't harvesting and drying salt daily so that it's more of a locavore experience. But I guess on a big ship, that intimate experience is lost.

Edited by jenidallas

I'm disappointed to hear that they aren't harvesting and drying salt daily so that it's more of a locavore experience. But I guess on a big ship, that intimate experience is lost.

Reminds me of a Crystal cruise I did that had a macrobiotic locavore chain smoking vegan on. I felt sorry for that kitchen staff.

I had to google 'locavore' :confused: :confused:

Maybe Restaurant 2 or its successor could be a 'locavore' one, dried salt and all, leaving the rest of the restaurants available for us to gorge on international delicacies.

Technically speaking when you're in that foreign port and eating whats local, that's locavore, so turning R2 into a locavore restaurant could work out well. Seadays excepted unless a lot of kelp salad appeals to you;)

:D only if said sea kelp has the proper number of artisan salts. And a strictly enforced dress code.