Transpacific cruise

Merrivale

hi all I'm a newby to the forum so be kind !!

I've just booked the transpacific cruise from Tokyo to Vancouver in april18 ,in itinery it says about the Bering sea ,but if you travel in a line from Russia to Vancouver are we going to enter this part of the sea ? Also on a previous thread I read that another cruiser mentioned about when crossing into Vancouver they were lucky enough to come down the inside passage ,is this very likely again or just pot luck ?

Is there a web site that shows past tracking of cruises and their movements

Thanks to anyone who has any info ,I'm really looking forward to this cruise and am just a bit over excited !!

All cruises that dock in Vancouver arrive via the inside passage - between the mainland and Vancouver Island. (The route from Ketchikan to Juneau to Skagway is also referred to as the inside passage). You might skirt the edge of the Bering Sea, but unless you call at Petropavlovsk, I don't think you will be entering it.

Edit: I see you must be on Millennium, and she does call at P. EM

You do not say which cruise ship, there are more then one going from Tokyo to Vancouver. But on that route, many cruises stop at some Alaskan ports, before arriving at Vancouver. Depending the routing (which can vary somewhat...depending on sea/weather conditions) it is quite possible that the ship's course would touch on part of the Bering Sea. That being said, when you are out there crossing the Pacific...all the water looks the same.....wet!

Hank

Unless your ship calls as a panhandle port, I would be it will be straight across to Vancouver. I will be embarking on a TPAC on the same ship in a few weeks headed the other way. Fully expecting to head out the Strait of Juan de Fuca and into the Pacific (much less in pilotage fees).