Parasailing in Costa Maya?

CrewsNewbie

I've been trying to find somewhere for hubby to do this. We booked Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and I would love to sail and snorkel in Roatan, but we can skip that if absolutely necessary and parasail with Bodden. Parasailing in Costa Maya means we get to do everything we want. Ha! Has anyone done this in Costa Maya?

Thanks!!

Leslie

contact these folks.

http://www.******************.com/Tour_Parasailing.cfm?aff=maja

Ooops...censored again. costa(dash)maya(dash)tours(dot)com

Someone has said you can "parasail" at the Water Park outside the cruise port. Not sure what that means since the park isn't actually on the water.

http://maya-park.com/

contact these folks.

http://www.******************.com/Tour_Parasailing.cfm?aff=maja

Ooops...censored again. costa(dash)maya(dash)tours(dot)com

Someone has said you can "parasail" at the Water Park outside the cruise port. Not sure what that means since the park isn't actually on the water.

http://maya-park.com/

Thank you so much! I saw this, but couldn't find any reviews from people who have actually done this. I'm a huge fan of reading people's experiences. Ha!

I didn't see any reviews from a couple of different travel sites either.

Mayan Beach Gardens says it's available on cruise ship days, but they rarely update their back pages, and provide no vendor listing.

I heard that a few years back no one was doing these and vendors were cancelling tours. Years and years ago, Tequila Beach handled most of the water-sport activities, especially post Hurricane Dean. But I don't see parasailing listed on their website.

I didn't see any reviews from a couple of different travel sites either.

Mayan Beach Gardens says it's available on cruise ship days, but they rarely update their back pages, and provide no vendor listing.

I heard that a few years back no one was doing these and vendors were cancelling tours. Years and years ago, Tequila Beach handled most of the water-sport activities, especially post Hurricane Dean. But I don't see parasailing listed on their website.

Thanks so much for your input. Looks like I'll be booking hubby to parasail in Roatan and then have a fabulous beach day in Costa Maya. I'll just have to cruise to Roatan again to do the sail and snorkel that I'm dreaming of. Bummer ;):cool:

Best to you, but try to convince your DH that snorkeling in Roatan especially off shore isn't to be missed. Parasailing you can do anywhere and it's 15 minutes in the air.

Since Nachi does offer extra water sports, maybe contact them to see if they have ever or can arrange a parasail for DH while you're there.

In CM, contact Tropicante http://www.sandalsandskis.com/and ask Steve to hold a couple of loungers for you. Also, if anyone would know about parasailing in CM, he would.

I've sent an email to Nachi Cocum to see if they can arrange for parasailing there. That would be a great solution!! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and helpful suggestions.

If they can't do it, I'll reach out to Steve. I'm determined to make sure we can "do it all"!

I'm so grateful for how friendly and supportive the cruise critic community is. This is only our second cruise and the first one was completely magical thanks to being prepared by these boards. Looking forward to more magic in September.

I've sent an email to Nachi Cocum to see if they can arrange for parasailing there. That would be a great solution!! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and helpful suggestions.

If they can't do it, I'll reach out to Steve. I'm determined to make sure we can "do it all"!

I'm so grateful for how friendly and supportive the cruise critic community is. This is only our second cruise and the first one was completely magical thanks to being prepared by these boards. Looking forward to more magic in September.

You are welcome.

Unless things have changed seems like you should be just fine, link from 2016

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50181299&postcount=4

• 1 month later...
I've been trying to find somewhere for hubby to do this. We booked Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and I would love to sail and snorkel in Roatan, but we can skip that if absolutely necessary and parasail with Bodden. Parasailing in Costa Maya means we get to do everything we want. Ha! Has anyone done this in Costa Maya?

Thanks!!

Leslie

We are parasailing and snorkeling at Mr. Sancho in Cozumel. Zip lining at Pirates of the Caribbean and snorkeling at Little French Key in Honduras, spice farm in Belize and ruins and beach day in costa Maya.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!!

Leslie

I found this site. It's Costa Maya Tours, they offer parasailing.

1d7bc3025013c392f53dcc3072a517e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever reach out to them about parasailing? If so, were you able to book? We are considering this and have always wanted to do it, but this will probably be the only port that we are able to.

Did you ever reach out to them about parasailing? If so, were you able to book? We are considering this and have always wanted to do it, but this will probably be the only port that we are able to.

YES!! They have guys at just about every beach up and down where Nachi Cocum and others are. They are all in communication with each other and all work together for whatever activity you want. A tender came right up on the beach to pick us up. We rode over to an area by Carlos and Charlie's and then we were picked up by the parasail boat and taken out for the activity. It was awesome. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Then they tendered us back to Nachi when we were done. Have a wonderful time!

YES!! They have guys at just about every beach up and down where Nachi Cocum and others are. They are all in communication with each other and all work together for whatever activity you want. A tender came right up on the beach to pick us up. We rode over to an area by Carlos and Charlie's and then we were picked up by the parasail boat and taken out for the activity. It was awesome. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Then they tendered us back to Nachi when we were done. Have a wonderful time!

Do you by any chance remember the name of the company you went with? Is there a booth set up by Carlos and Charlie's? We would prefer to have a taxi drop us off directly at the beach area that it would be located versus being dropped at some place (like Nachi) that we have no intentions on staying at and having to walk up and down the malecon trying to locate the vendor. Any additional information is appreciated. Thank you!

quote=CrewsNewbie;53643069]I've sent an email to Nachi Cocum to see if they can arrange for parasailing there. That would be a great solution!! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and helpful suggestions.

Do you by any chance remember the name of the company you went with? Is there a booth set up by Carlos and Charlie's? We would prefer to have a taxi drop us off directly at the beach area that it would be located versus being dropped at some place (like Nachi) that we have no intentions on staying at and having to walk up and down the malecon trying to locate the vendor. Any additional information is appreciated. Thank you!

Seems to be a certain amount of confusion here for newcomers. This is the Costa Maya thread.

Nachi Cocom and Carlos and Charlies are in Cozumel. There is no malecon in Cozumel by these beach clubs - there is a malecon in Costa Maya.

It would appear that this parasailing was in Cozumel where there are indeed numerous beach clubs where this can be arranged, although it may be one operator.

No idea...sorry! If you get dropped off at Carlos and Charlie's I'm sure they will direct you where to go to parasail.

***Sorry for the confusion about Costa Maya vs Cozumel for anyone else following along. I originally came here to see if we could parasail in Costa Maya. Turns out we could not find any information pre-cruise about doing it in Costa Maya. Someone suggested Cozumel and the thread continued. BTW I never saw any parasailers off the Malecon in Costa Maya. Happy cruising everyone!

Seems to be a certain amount of confusion here for newcomers. This is the Costa Maya thread.

Nachi Cocom and Carlos and Charlies are in Cozumel. There is no malecon in Cozumel by these beach clubs - there is a malecon in Costa Maya.

It would appear that this parasailing was in Cozumel where there are indeed numerous beach clubs where this can be arranged, although it may be one operator.

LOL ;p

I have been to Costa Maya and Cozumel so many times and to this day I STILL confuse Nachi Cocom with Nohoch. I should have caught that. Thanks for clarifying Leg! :D

Well crap...does this still mean there's no parasailing in CM? :(

Well I guess parasailing in Costa Maya is non-existent.

Per a well-known business on the Malecon:

Sorry, but no para sailing in Costa Maya. There was one several years ago (at least 5 or 6??) but when they left, none took its place. Cozumel has a few, so your best bet is there.