Anyone on TCM cruise on the Fantasy on Nov 12?

Cedricandsophie

We have been on all the Turner Classic Cruises but this is the first 7 day and it's on the Fantasy! Just wondering if anyone else will be joining us along with Jerry Lewis, Leslie Caron, Mitzie Gaynor and Kim Novak.

There is a (little) Roll Call already started for your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321462

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are going on the TCM cruise. Our last cruise together was on the Disney Magic when our daughter was 9 and it was just thee days. This will be our second cruise, although this time it is just us as our daughter is in college. My husband enjoys old movies and I am the Disney fanatic, so the combination of TCM and Disney was perfect. We are both looking forward to the days at sea and hitting Castaway Cay. I know that this is a TCM Cruise, but was wondering if there is any Disney touches during the cruise, like a costume night?

My husband and I are going on the TCM cruise. Our last cruise together was on the Disney Magic when our daughter was 9 and it was just thee days. This will be our second cruise, although this time it is just us as our daughter is in college. My husband enjoys old movies and I am the Disney fanatic, so the combination of TCM and Disney was perfect. We are both looking forward to the days at sea and hitting Castaway Cay. I know that this is a TCM Cruise, but was wondering if there is any Disney touches during the cruise, like a costume night?

chgrad, have you explored the TCM site as there is some general information on there and also some specific rules for the TCM cruises such as

"Fixed lens camera photography is permitted everywhere on board, but please refrain from flash photography and use of tablets (iPads etc.) in all indoor venues. Use of audio recording devices, professional cameras (video or still), or detachable lens cameras will not be permitted on board."

So no DSLR cameras.

TCM cruises generally do not offer Disney Characters or Disney entertainment I'm afraid.

Here is the site for more information:

http://www.tcmcruise.com/faq/once-onboard/#1

ex techie

• 3 months later...

My friend and I are on the Fantasy for the TCM cruise Nov. 19. We have been trying to get our cruise packets from Disney for the last 3 weeks. Neither of us has cruised with Disney before, but lots of other lines. We've never had a problem like this. So far, not impressed at all.

Anyone else having this problem??

Also, what shows does TCM have??

Edited by strawberryjam
Adding something.

My friend and I are on the Fantasy for the TCM cruise Nov. 19. We have been trying to get our cruise packets from Disney for the last 3 weeks. Neither of us has cruised with Disney before, but lots of other lines. We've never had a problem like this. So far, not impressed at all.

What did DCL say when you contacted them?

ex techie

Did you book directly through DCL or through a TA? If through a TA, your books may have gone to them first, so you should contact them.

What did DCL say when you contacted them?

ex techie

They have told us every week that it has been sent! Most recently the person stated it was mailed 10/29. I have double ckd addresses, etc. I also have now told them this is realky unacceptable and that we are very unhappy.

This will be our 6th TCM cruise and our 18th Disney cruise. The cruise packets really aren't required. Just do online check in using the Disney registration number you received a few weeks ago via email. If you don't have luggage tags you can just have the guys taking luggage fill out new ones with your cabin number. There was an email from TCM on Thursday telling people what to do if you don't have the cruise packet.

The only events on the TCM cruise are the movies, interviews, etc shown in the calendar you got from TCM. There are no Disney shows or characters out except for Mickey at the beginning and end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have told us every week that it has been sent! Most recently the person stated it was mailed 10/29. I have double ckd addresses, etc. I also have now told them this is realky unacceptable and that we are very unhappy.

Why do you need them so urgently? Why is it so unacceptable that they have said they have mailed them and you have not received them when it could be the mail service holding them up?

Try to relax about it as you will be going on a TCM cruise, not Disney cruise.

TCM have chartered the ship and so will be providing all of the entertainment and activities aboard. They set everything up themselves from the speakers to which movies they play.

DCL will be providing the ship, hotel services and dining only.

If you have any questions about a ship protocol, ask away. The TCM website has all of the information including specific prohibited items such as "Use of audio recording devices, professional cameras (video or still), or detachable lens cameras will not be permitted on board." which are acceptable during a regular Disney cruise.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

They were mailed by USPS 7 days ago, I would give it another 3-5 business days. But you can print off your signature pages from the DCL website when you have completed your online check in. The only thing missing will be luggage tags which can be given to you at the port when you arrive.

I too have been waiting for my TCM Cruise Packet. They seem to be blaming it on DCL. Who know but I have cruised many times on Disney as well as other cruises and I am disappointed that it takes so long to get a packet when typically its 4 to 6 weeks before the cruise. Even this cruise advertised this timing.