Question Regarding Overnights In Port

princess09

Yes Azamara dock at Klong Toey Port following sailing up the river. They have a courtesy shuttle bus operating every 30 mins to Central World Plaza. A local tourist info person comes on board the coach with maps and info etc. Despite this I would still recommend a guided tour on at least one of your days. The port area around Klong Toey isn't attractive and when booking a tour make sure you get picked up and dropped out from the port terminal where the ship docks and not the port gates. It is a long way to the gates and not safe to walk so therefore you would need to use the shuttle too for this. The tour operators and taxis have to pay to access the port but I think it is only approx 200 baht.

I've never cruised on Azamara. If a cruise spends 2 overnights in Bangkok (port is 2 hrs from the city) does Azamara have hotel stays as an option?

Not presently, but it's a great idea for those who want to experience more ashore! Thank you for suggesting it :)

Hoyaheel-did you or any of your fellow passengers take the excursion to Siem Reap offered as an overnight by Azamara?

I did that exact same excursion but on a Celebrity cruise. (As sister brands Azamara and Celebrity sometimes offer the same tours.) I highly recommend it - excellent all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't speak with anyone who did an overnight to Siem Reap from our cruise. Some who had done it on a land trip or otherwise. Seems like a LOT of travel for not very much time on site.....

Personally - I wanted to explore the ports where we stopped as they were all new to me. I absolutely want to visit Siem Reap, but will do that on a longer trip focused on that region. Ideally, a Mekong river cruise and do a pre or post-cruise visit there.....

We are looking at booking this for upcoming Dec 2017 and have read up on it.

If you are a person who likes to see temple after temple and spend hours at each then this is too short. But if you are interested in the major Unesco sites and like it organized for you in small group then it works.

We have been to Bangkok several times so this side trip works as we do not want days of it. Just the major historical sites.