Flights Icluded Cruises.....Finding Your Seats.

We have our first all inclusive cruise booked for October next flying from London Heathrow to Montreal and then on to Quebec. We know the Carrier, takeoff/arrival times, the flight numbers and even the aircraft we are flying on but we don't know the seat numbers.

We a party of four adults and would prefer to be seated together and to know the seat locations. Like everyone else we really don't find the seats in front of/near to the toilets to be our first choice.

My question is how do we get to find out more ?

The RCI number I call from the UK is taking me to Guatemala and I am not getting the response I have been hoping for.

Find your airline confirmation number, enter it on the airline website. Then you'll Be able to see where you are assigned and make changes as you want! You can also do things like add your frequent flier number, passport info, etc.

Was about to come and post something similar..

Go on the carriers website and select your seats that way. If the confirmation number doesn't work you might need to look up the trip on http://www.checkmytrip.com and they may have a different record locator than the one RCI has given you. There may also be restrictions if RCI have got a very cheap fare for this flight and you can't select in advance.

Once your cruise documentation is issued online you can find the code assigned to RCCL and the link to book seats is also there. The documents we have for our cruise at the end of July only allows us to book seats 48hrs prior to departure.

Find your airline confirmation number, enter it on the airline website. Then you'll Be able to see where you are assigned and make changes as you want!

There may also be restrictions if RCI have got a very cheap fare for this flight and you can't select in advance.

This. Sometimes the cruiseline will book you on a fare that allows you to choose your seat in advance, sometimes they don't. So try what akswartz85 suggested; get your 6 digit confirmation code and log in to the airline website and see what's what. Just understand that you may have a "budget" fare that won't allow you to select a seat, or that may require you to pay an additional fee to do so.

If it turns out that your tickets won't allow advance seat selection, just accept it for what it is. Presumably you got a bargain on the tickets, and this is the potential trade-off.

I've used them a couple of times for our Mediterranean cruises and could not select seats via Choice Air or its predecessor. Got my confirm id # and went to the specific airline site and if not successful, called the airline customer service to get assigned seats. Before calling, familiarize yourself with the equipment. Also, go to "seat guru" to get a review of all seats.

Thanks everyone, I am going to take the advice and dig deeper on the airline website.

Bummer isn't it if you have to "take what you are given"

Obviously I would rather pay a premium than to sit in some of the "bad" seats. We have all experienced I am sure the queues for the loo where those passengers queuing are standing right up against your seat, uncomfortable for everyone.....:mad:

There may be a 'pay' option to select your seats in advance. See if you can find the carrier ref. RC are usually good to send the ref in the invoices they send you with flight details on. You should be ablet to log in using that and see if you can select them.

Thanks everyone, I am going to take the advice and dig deeper on the airline website.

Bummer isn't it if you have to "take what you are given"

Obviously I would rather pay a premium than to sit in some of the "bad" seats. We have all experienced I am sure the queues for the loo where those passengers queuing are standing right up against your seat, uncomfortable for everyone.....:mad:

Go to the airline web site for your specific plane seat configuration and you'll see the premium seats (if that is your wish) and you can possibly upgrade to those. I'm flying on AA this upcoming August to Barcelona and looking at the seat schematics was able to get 2 aisle seats away from the lavs. without any add'l fees. I booked some 5 months ago and was able to snag a direct flight fare of $727. I keep looking at the flight and so far there are still some 165 (ex Bus/1st class) seats available.

I'm on Oasis in December with a package with Virgin Flights. Virgin's website doesn't recognise the reservation number given on the website and telephone.

I phoned Royal and they've told me that I can't prebook my seats till 35 days before.

I was a bit peeved as I wanted to prebook seats upstairs as we're flying Jumbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on Oasis in December with a package with Virgin Flights. Virgin's website doesn't recognise the reservation number given on the website and telephone.

I phoned Royal and they've told me that I can't prebook my seats till 35 days before.

You should call Virgin's customer service and see if they can give you their confirm #.

As someone else said above though, you got a great price on the package, so it's a tradeoff...

The Virgin Website says you may be able to pay for a seat 331 days before departure. It says if you cannot locate the ref number give them a call:

If you cannot locate your reference or are having difficulty, please contact our call centre on 0344 209 7310.

And they may be able to help

I was a bit peeved as I wanted to prebook seats upstairs as we're flying Jumbo. lk

A lot of times travel companies rci choice air included do not actualy pay for the ticket like you and I have to do at time of booking. when that is the case you cant pick seats or even upgrade untill after payment is actualy made. sometime this is as late as 30-60 days out

If you don't have the airline confirmation, the airline can still pull up your flight with the flight #, departure date and your name for the most part. The exception would be if RCI is holding group space and have not submitted the names at this point. It is worth a shot. Good Luck.