Luggage valet NIGHTMARE

zstarbrite

So we cruised Jan 29 on Oasis in a 2br aquatheater suite. As a part of star class the luggage valet is included so we set our bags out the night before disembarkation with all the tags attached. The next day we disembarked and went to cape canaveral where my husband got a phone call that his mothers bag had not made it to the airport. Beverly informed him that the bag didn't have all three tags attached (even though they were all attached when we set it out) and it didn't go to the airport and she would have to check with corporate to see if it was even supposed to go to the airport regardless of what he was telling her. She was actually a bit on the snotty side and told him the best she could do was it would be shipped in 5-7 business days and it wasn't her problem. Yesterday (Wednesday) he spent an hour on the phone with Coney trying, with no luck, to locate the bag and find out what was going on because even though Beverly had assured him she would call back and update him, surprise surprise, she didn't. So Coney informs him that there isn't anyone at the port until Friday to even try to locate the bag. So now it's been 5 days, no bag, no updates, no nothing. Does anyone have the number of anyone in customer service or any department that we could call because this is beyond frustrating!! Star class was a disappointment in the first place, thank GOD for our genie Allan or we would have been seriously upset, but this has left such an awful taste in our mouths. So much for a "stress free" vacation. :(

The exact same thing happened to my parents on Oasis last January. They put their bags out the night before with all the tags. They arrive at their home airport and no luggage. After calls to RCCL, they found out their bags were still sitting on the pier. It took a week for their luggage to be shipped home.

The exact same thing happened to my parents on Oasis last January. They put their bags out the night before with all the tags. They arrive at their home airport and no luggage. After calls to RCCL, they found out their bags were still sitting on the pier. It took a week for their luggage to be shipped home.

What blew my mind is that they hadn't even left for the airport yet?! I mean for gods sake stick the bag in a cab to the airport and we will pick it up!!! Ugh what a mess

I learned the secret to stress free luggage a long time ago; don't take more than you can easily handle. I was on the Oasis 22 Jan B2B with 29 Jan. I walked off with my carry-on on 5 Feb. No searching for bags, no missing bags, no hours on the phone, no stress, no frustration. I did have coat and tie for formal night and always wear long pants at night, and IMO dress better than many on the ship (okay, not difficult:cool:). And I do have shots, bathing suits, etc. Sure I use laundry, but that is a small trade off for never having luggage go astray. It's your choice whether you own your luggage or it owns you.

I learned the secret to stress free luggage a long time ago; don't take more than you can easily handle. I was on the Oasis 22 Jan B2B with 29 Jan. I walked off with my carry-on on 5 Feb. No searching for bags, no missing bags, no hours on the phone, no stress, no frustration. I did have coat and tie for formal night and always wear long pants at night, and IMO dress better than many on the ship (okay, not difficult:cool:). And I do have shots, bathing suits, etc. Sure I use laundry, but that is a small trade off for never having luggage go astray. It's your choice whether you own your luggage or it owns you.

And how does this help the original poster?

By modeling a set of behaviors that if followed will ensure no future repeat.

While your method may work for you, we were traveling with a 10MO and no matter how economically you pack, it's impossible to fit everything a child and an adult need in a carry on suitcase. We had to borrow room from everyone else's suitcases to make it work, hence the need for larger luggage. But im sure you already know what happens when you assume

Oh that would be a stressing situation.. We used luggage valet on the Harmony

last week & in spite of us forgetting to attach the airport tracking tags & only the

orange luggage valet tags, our luggage was there when we got home. We consider ourselves very lucky. My fault for not reading the complete instructions. :mad:

Star class was a disappointment in the first place, thank GOD for our genie Allan or we would have been seriously upset, but this has left such an awful taste in our mouths. So much for a "stress free" vacation. :(

I agree that when a service is offered as part of a particular booking situation, it should work, and if it doesn't then every effort should be made to fix the situation. However, I'm more interested in the above comment. Can you elaborate on why Star Class was such a disappointment for you? Perhaps you can help others to improve their trip.

Things happen - but if you are in Star class there should be a very good customer service person to help sort it out when it does. Whether or not the original failure was the ship's fault, it is their fault that this passenger is on their own to figure out who to call next. Hope the bag is recovered soon.

Beverly informed him that the bag didn't have all three tags attached

What "three" tags? My experience with LV has been to attach only my airlines tag and the LV tag. Even though we have been given numbered/colored tags it's clear from the LV instructions you don't attach those.

What "three" tags? My experience with LV has been to attach only my airlines tag and the LV tag. Even though we have been given numbered/colored tags it's clear from the LV instructions you don't attach those.

They gave us three tags, I know 1 was for luggage valet and 1 was for star class/vip. I can't remember what the third was at this point.

Sounds like an immediate way to shift the blame to you by saying there was a tag missing. I hate to sound pessimistic or cynical but if they can blame the customer then they can limit their damages in returning the bag and do what they can to look like heroes for getting the back to you despite the "user error".

I don't know that's what happened but I've seen and heard of plenty of people doing things like that to cover their own error.

I hope things get resolved for you quickly. Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sure it's been trying your nerves.

I agree that when a service is offered as part of a particular booking situation, it should work, and if it doesn't then every effort should be made to fix the situation. However, I'm more interested in the above comment. Can you elaborate on why Star Class was such a disappointment for you? Perhaps you can help others to improve their trip.

Hi Janet. I didn't really think it was too bad until now, but there were w few minor mishaps and then some more major ones:

Embarkation was a nightmare. No one advised us that a customer service rep would be waiting for us so our "priority embarkation" turned into an hour log stressor which had us dragging all our luggage through the suite line (because they say over and over that your bags stay with you) and then back out the line to get a porter lol. It was a comedy of errors with very bad communication between royal and our group.

Laundry service was included but all our dark clothing was scorched. Not a big deal but anything black or navy is now faded. A small thing I realize completely.

I had asked to have some bad of breast milk frozen as the fridges in the room are really just coolers and they lost 4 bags of breast milk (and that stuff is liquid gold!!!! Especially considering my hubby flew home with the baby without me!)

Our dinner at Giovanni's was truly awful. 2 1/2 hours and service was just bad.

Again all very small things, we had even pre booked a next cruise in the same room because it all didn't really bother us but this deal with the bag has just been so bad. Poor hubby has been on the phone for hours on three different days getting shuttled about, getting attitude from Beverly, and the bag still hasn't been shipped to us (we disembarked on Sunday and it's now Friday).

It just to the point now where the stress had made us want to reconsider our future booking, especially because the attitude seems to be that no one cares and they don't really need or value our business.

It makes me sad because we really did have a wonderful time but after a week of no resolution we are starting to get frustrated beyond belief

I'm sorry you had a difficult time, and I totally agree that if you pay for a service, you have every reason to expect that the company'll come through for you.

However, overall, I'm with TravelerThom. By packing light and holding onto your own luggage, you keep control of your things. My husband and I could easily carry everything for ourselves and one baby; perhaps two rolling carry-ons and a backpack.

So we cruised Jan 29 on Oasis in a 2br aquatheater suite. As a part of star class the luggage valet is included so we set our bags out the night before disembarkation with all the tags attached. The next day we disembarked and went to cape canaveral where my husband got a phone call that his mothers bag had not made it to the airport. Beverly informed him that the bag didn't have all three tags attached (even though they were all attached when we set it out) and it didn't go to the airport and she would have to check with corporate to see if it was even supposed to go to the airport regardless of what he was telling her. She was actually a bit on the snotty side and told him the best she could do was it would be shipped in 5-7 business days and it wasn't her problem. Yesterday (Wednesday) he spent an hour on the phone with Coney trying, with no luck, to locate the bag and find out what was going on because even though Beverly had assured him she would call back and update him, surprise surprise, she didn't. So Coney informs him that there isn't anyone at the port until Friday to even try to locate the bag. So now it's been 5 days, no bag, no updates, no nothing. Does anyone have the number of anyone in customer service or any department that we could call because this is beyond frustrating!! Star class was a disappointment in the first place, thank GOD for our genie Allan or we would have been seriously upset, but this has left such an awful taste in our mouths. So much for a "stress free" vacation. :(

Too bad but we have never had a problem.

for the money you spent on an Aqua 2 bd suite and a Genie....it is sad that the service didn't continue and help you through the problems. Its like we got your money now that your off the ship we don't care. not good for making the OP want to book again

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

The nightmare continues as the luggage was finally delivered severely damaged with no apologies and missing several items of perfume, sunscreen, etc. Response from customer service continues to be awful with very little to no resolution being offered ("well you know there will be depreciation on those items"...yup nickle and dime us on the brand new lotions and perfumes after we spent a ton that definitely will inspire us to continue with the company)

Items were shipped fedex, which does allow the shipment of liquids and lotions so there was absolutely no reason for Royal to remove these items. My brand new Bottle of vanilla was still inside.

It's just been beyond ridiculous.