Allegrissimo on day of Disembarcation

kevg1889

Are you still allowed to get drinks on the Allegrissimo drinks package on the day of disembarcation. Also do you have to leave the ship immediately on docking or can you stay on board for a while?

You can use it if your onboard account is paid by credit card.

if you use cash to pay your on board account it is not usable on disembarkation day.

This is because you may purchase , in error, a drink off the premium package which is not on the basic package and they can charge you for it.

Black Card members can now stay in their cabins until 2 hours after arrival in port

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Black Card members can now stay in their cabins until 2 hours after arrival in port

Pete

I'd forgotten about that new perk! The loss of the 15% kind of eclipsed the rest of it!

Apparently Vosta are renewing their programme now too, details expected in the next week but they are talking about only your last 3 years of points ever counting.

This ridiculous 3 year thing may well come back to bite them on the backside! I hope.

Pete ... If you hand in the signed copy of your bill they put a stop on the drink package.

They didn't put a stop on my packages on my last 2 cruises and that's when I was told that because I had a CC linked to my onboard account I could continue to use it on the day of disembarkation.

The 3 year thing is only going back to the rules in force when the MSC Club was first set up

Pete

I always use a credit card for settling my account. Though I can't see why it would be relevant. If you've paid for the drinks package it shouldn't matter if you use cash and your account is closed, unless you're ordering something outside of the package. I always use my drinks package right up to disembarking.

Last April I was sitting in the Phoenician Plaza awaiting the call for the group to disembark when I decided to grab a couple of bottles of water from the bar while waiting. Not only was it not a problem, the barman threw in a bag of macaroons for the journey! No extra charge for the sweets - I had the premium package so the barman said "Why not - you're covered!" :D

Off-topic:

Dave ............ MSC have made quite a few retrograde steps. Only time will tell whether it'll impact on sales. The next couple of years will see them focussing on the American and Chinese markets, too, hence the status-match programme (which is the biggest tick-off of all AFAIC!). Also, my TA was told that she's the only one in the UK/Ireland market complaining about the new Voyagers' Club benefits!

Hi Bea ... Vago was complaining a few weeks back about the loss of customers and revenue in the European market, not hard to see why when they discriminate over child places and prices in different countries coupled with the mess they have made of the Club benefits and the discrimination of the status match only being for the North American market.

It is disgraceful that someone who has never cruised with MSC before can get all the benefits of Black,Gold or other just because they have cruised elsewhere! while MSC may well see this as a way of bringing in people from N.A I think they will lose many more in their previous loyal customer market.

I have noticed over the last few months that they are now having to put out more offers including for cruises way into 2016 including drink packages to try to attract people.

Hi Bea ... Vago was complaining a few weeks back about the loss of customers and revenue in the European market, not hard to see why when they discriminate over child places and prices in different countries coupled with the mess they have made of the Club benefits and the discrimination of the status match only being for the North American market.

It is disgraceful that someone who has never cruised with MSC before can get all the benefits of Black,Gold or other just because they have cruised elsewhere! while MSC may well see this as a way of bringing in people from N.A I think they will lose many more in their previous loyal customer market.

I have noticed over the last few months that they are now having to put out more offers including for cruises way into 2016 including drink packages to try to attract people.

I've just started a thread with a bargain cruise which includes:- flights; Cheers drinks package; laundry package and 5 excursions. 44 nights for :- prices from £1969

link to my thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47842404#post47842404

Pete

Edited by Skier52