Passport question

colette5479

Your birth certificate must be a state certified one, with either a raised seal or the colored state stamp. As BaumD said, NO hospital birth certificates or baptismal records are accepted. You also need a current state Driver's License, and not the temporary paper one.

When I first suggest to my husband to apply for passports he didn't think they would be needed. We have applied and do have our passports. It is better to have them and not need them then need them and not have them. Also sense 9/11 I am glad we do have them.

Pammie

You do know that the Bahamas are not the US and you ARE leaving the country?!?! Get a passport it is much safer. By the way if for some reason you need to leave the ship early (medical emergancy on ship or emergency at home it doesn´t matter) to fly home from some carrib islands you NEED to have a passport! You didn´t say when your cruise was but who knows what the future brings so you might need one anyway by the time you cruise.

I have always felt that passports are the way to go. You are in a foreign country. [B]IF[/B] something happens ashore, you [B]MAY[/B] need a passport.

If you are not in possesion of the passport, the American Consulate will be able to assist you when they are open. Would you want to spend a day (or two) dealing with a government office, pay your own expenses (hotel, meals, flight to go home, etc)?

I'll carry the passport and hopefully never have to use it for the above scenario :)

Archived