Does anyone know if we have a luggage limit?

rabrijumo

????? Does anyone know if we have a luggage limit? :confused:

we are traveling on the royal caribbean ship grandeur of the seas.

I received 4 tags in my documents so my quess is 4 is the limit for checked bags. we have only two people going but if you have 4 people each can bring a bag on with them right. do they have any limit on how much you can bring with you(carryon). course you have to lug it all back home;) or are those tags for all the bags you bring?

I was on Gradeur last week. The four luggage tags are just a suggestion. Some people had double that. They had to get extra tags at the port but it is possible. No limit to what you carry on but it is Xrayed. Remember you have to find someplace to store what you bring. I brought twice as many clothes as I needed.

The number of bags is limited by the airlines and not the cruise line. All airlines limit you to two checked bags weighing no more than 50 lbs each. On my recent Crystal cruise, one woman had 13 bags (she was on the entire world cruise). Your carry on is only limited by size as it has to fit through the xray machine before you board the ship. You can always get more luggage tags from the porters at the dock if you have more bags than tags. Many people who drive to the port bring more than two bags each. I guess the cruise lines only give you two tags per passenger because they know the airlines limit you to two checked bags each.

:)

The luggage tags you recieve from the cruise lines is usually 4 for a party of 4 people.

There have been times when we received only 2 tags and we were doing 14 and 21 day cruises. Of course we would have only 1 bag per person.

In fact I can't think of a time when we did't have at least 2 bags per person.

Many times we have had our TA call the cruise line and request extra luggage tags.

P.S. - we NEVER put the cruise line luggage tags on our bags until we are ready to get on the ship.

:)

Archived