How much wine to bring

datco

Hi All:

I was wondering if it is ok to bring 6 bottles of wine aboard. We are sailing this Saturday on the Regatta and I called O. They said 3 but the boards say as much as you want. Can anyone help?

Bring what you like.

There was a rumor that NCL would amend the Oceania liquor policy, but more recent changes in their management team make those amendments seem increasingly unlikely.....:rolleyes:

Was on the Regatta in November. Took 3 bottles of scotch and 3 bottles of wine onboard to drink in my cabin .Had no problems boarding . . One passenger brought a case of his favorite wine [emoji4]. Liquor or wine bought at the different ports was allowed onboard in the cabins. . Hopefully the procedures weren't changed.

we brought 6 bottles of wine on board in a carrier we brought from home from our local supermarket (we bought the wine in MIA since we had flown in from CA)

The staff at the x-ray machine area at the port of MIA asked for our stateroom number and I believe they wrote down what we were bringing on board (eg what it was and the number of bottles) That was it. Several years ago we gave the wine to a porter and it arrived with one broken bottle...and the remaining 5 were held at the Purser's Desk. When I realized the wine had not been delivered I went looking for it...and found the 5 bottles there! LuAnn

It's a breeze -- have your wine properly packed in a styrofoam wine carrier, attach an Oceania luggage tag and drop it with your other luggage. Never a problem with delivery, breakage, etc. At ports, just bring back your purchases in a backpack, tote bag, or other carrier. The folks at security will joke about where the party will be that night - never asked for our suite number although they would know it after our card has been swiped.

We just did a trans-Atlantic in November at the end of 6 weeks of touring Italian and French wineries. We checked our regular luggage, wheeled on a small suitcase that contained about 10 bottles of wine, and no one batted an eyelash. Also, in our checked luggage, we had a bottle of Portuguese Beirão and a bottle of Yerbas from Ibiza and they, too, made it through without question. During the cruise, we encountered some couples in La Reserve and each couple had brought a full case of wine on board. Oceania seems have a realistic perspective on this issue -- which is greatly appreciated and contributes to the on-going loyalty of many clients.