Traveling Solo - Disney Dream

phillychick

Go for it or not? Has anyone sailed solo on Disney before?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many times! I love it!

There are adult areas that are for the most part kid-free. I can sleep as late as I want, stay up as late as I want. I can go to dinner or not, I can see the show or stay in the cabin and read. You can get in line and meet characters if you want. There are clubs and bars for some entertainment and most people you meet are super friendly. After all, it's one of the happiest places in the world!

Disney has usually seated me with other solo cruisers in the MDR. That has worked out well for me.

I believe they even have a meet and greet on some itineraries, if you wish to socialize with other solo cruisers.

I absolutely love not having to arrange my day with regards to my husband or any one else.

If you love Disney, you should enjoy a Disney cruise!

Yep! And I love it! As others have said, there are the adult areas to chill in. Dinner has been great - I did have to change to my own table after the first night on the Fantasy because they did a "solo cruiser dump" and it was uncomfortable for me as the other 2 were guys who had tons in common including being ultra-conservative, which I am totally NOT. Changing was not a problem though.

Definitely go to Palo for dinner and brunch - if that's your thing. I have done both on both my solo cruises and am pampered like a princess when I'm there! I don't do Remy as I don't eat fish or mushrooms and am now gluten-free, and it seems like I would just throw a wrench in things there. Palo is fine with me.

Go and enjoy your "me time"!!