Cruise Car Rental

I had planned to rent a car at the cruise port from Coastal but I waited too long and they only have tiny Hyundai i10s left on their web site. Looking for suggested alternatives. Will Coastal have additional cars available for pickup without a reservation? I tried contacting them via email but no response. Are there other reliable rental agencies at the cruise port? Is it worth taxiing to the airport area or is that a waste of time/taxi fair? Ideas?

Some additional info...four adults and we're planning on a pretty full day stopping at several places, and want to set our own schedule (otherwise we'd go with Bernard's Tours). I was looking for a cheaper option than a private Bernard's Tour. Didn't seem like hiring a taxi for the whole day would be reasonably priced either but am I wrong? Thanks for any help.

I had planned to rent a car at the cruise port from Coastal but I waited too long and they only have tiny Hyundai i10s left on their web site. Looking for suggested alternatives. Will Coastal have additional cars available for pickup without a reservation? I tried contacting them via email but no response. Are there other reliable rental agencies at the cruise port? Is it worth taxiing to the airport area or is that a waste of time/taxi fair? Ideas?

Some additional info...four adults and we're planning on a pretty full day stopping at several places, and want to set our own schedule (otherwise we'd go with Bernard's Tours). I was looking for a cheaper option than a private Bernard's Tour. Didn't seem like hiring a taxi for the whole day would be reasonably priced either but am I wrong? Thanks for any help.

Avis is reliable and has facility at pier - so has Hertz (but a lot more expensive). You should not need to go to the airport -- but you should set up reservation as much in advance as possible.

Avis is reliable and has facility at pier - so has Hertz (but a lot more expensive). You should not need to go to the airport -- but you should set up reservation as much in advance as possible.

Thanks! I'll check out Avis.

Did you ever get a contact with Avis. Their customer service did not help me at all locate a contact person and was confused on whether they had a location at port. I told them other people had rented but they seemed disinterested on proceeding with helping figure it out. I have spoken to Hertz but wanted to compare the price difference.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Just doing some research on this myself. Leisure Car rental will bring the car to the pier and let you drop it there as well, but it's 60 bucks extra. Was sort of considering a rental for 2 weeks from now, but a minivan is $240 by the time I rent, pay for the port pick up and drop, and the zero deductible insurance (which I would never not buy in a foreign place as they will always find something wrong with the vehicle after, and god forbid you do get in an accident, you own insurance will never cover all the revenue lost that a rental company would claim).