Scenic Grand Ocean View Rooms

2xsin12mths

So can anyone tell me how far ahead you need to book these rooms? And do you need to go through your TA because they are not available on the website?

My DH and I are on the Conquest in November and I booked this 10 mths out. None of scenic oceanview rooms were available. I am now looking for NEXT November (2016) and again I can't find ANY ship with these rooms available for over a year out!:mad: I would really like to try one of these rooms. They look amazing!

Edited by 2xsin12mths

You have to call. I can see them available through my TA's website but you will likely never see them available on Carnival's website even if they haven't been booked. There are several sailings for next year I've been looking at and these rooms are available on several ships. If you're ready to book, call and ask about them. And yes they are amazing!

You might want to call. I did a mock booking for two guests on the conquest November 6 and could not find a scenic Oceanview however I did a mock for the same cruise with four people and the scenic Oceanview came up.

Edited by Jesziegler

When we booked ours, it was available on Carnival's website. I've heard here over and over again that they don't show up, but it did for me.

The problem is, as you probably know, they are on just a few ships, AND only 2 cabins per ship AND only one of those is for 2 passengers, and Carnival's website asks you the number of passengers at the beginning when doing a mock booking. So, if you put in 2 passengers, no 6K's will show up unless that one cabin (it's 9201 on the Glory) is available.

I've called my PVP to check when I couldn't find a 6K many months out just to make sure there really were none available, and she always tells me I can see what she can see when it comes to the 6K's. Of course, we all know that only 10 of a specific category show up at a time when looking online, but that doesn't apply in this situation.

I've also looked online at other travel websites, but I've never found one there unless it was also showing on Carnival's website. Not saying that it doesn't happen--just saying what my experience has been.

I think they sometimes bend their own rules and allow 2 in a cabin meant for 4 people, though I think that usually happens closer to sail date.

The best way to get one of these is to watch for release of the new sail dates and grab one right away. We got lucky when we cruised on the Glory, in that I think someone might have "upgraded" and left that cabin open because it was only 6 months out when I found it.

I booked mine 18 months ahead, via a travel website. At the time I didn't know I could have called Carnival when didn't show on their website (maybe because I booked only for 1 person even though I'm paying for 2).

Now its only 5 weeks away, woohoo!!

Edited by LibratPDX

I booked my senic ocean on the Valor for September 2016. I found it on the carnival website and then call my carnival pvp. He told me that I was lucky that I found that room as they go pretty fast. I was going to make a thead and ask for people opinion about changing my room to a balcony as if was only $40 more dollars. Sounds like these rooms are a hot commodity.

Ok....I'm going to call my TA and tell her I want one of these rooms ANYTIME next fall and she needs to find me one. Does anyone know exactly which ships they are on. I believe it's only about 4 or 5? I know for sure Valor (not one of my fav ships), Conquest and I think Freedom.

Ok....I'm going to call my TA and tell her I want one of these rooms ANYTIME next fall and she needs to find me one. Does anyone know exactly which ships they are on. I believe it's only about 4 or 5? I know for sure Valor (not one of my fav ships), Conquest and I think Freedom.

Also the Sunshine and the Glory. Both of these on the sunshine are quads. The other 4 ships they are one double, one quad. Good luck! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

You say that the Valor is not your fav ship. Could you tell me why? I am going on my second curise this one with Carnival on the Valor in Sept '16. Is there something I should worry about.

I booked my grand scenic ocean view on sunshine 18 months ahead... Was booked for scenic ocean view and then read on here to call carnival to get grand scenic... It was available and only $40 more total.. Must have 4 people to book.

On Conquest, the GSOV for two people is #9201. It's generally bookable on Carnival.com if it's not already booked by someone else for your sailing and if you specify 2 people cruising when you use Carnival's booking engine. At least, it's bookable when I check Carnival.com. My experience has been the same as CruzCrazy's. The challenge is that there is only one 2-person 6K, so once it's booked the option no longer arrears on the website unless the room gets freed up due to cabin change, cancellation and so forth.

I say "generally" because it seems as if either someone is booking or reserving Conquest 9201 for certain sailings, or for some reason it hasn't become bookable for those itineraries yet. Because I'm not a TA and don't have Carnival insider knowledge, I can't tell which factor is in play for those sailings where 9201 is not bookable - all I know is that it has been bookable for some sailings.

On Valor I think some booking engines have 9201 listed as handicapped accessible, and I've been unable to book 9201 on carnival.com - I think it's because I don't specify HA when I book. If I recall correctly, 9201 is the 2-person 6K on Valor.

Edited by undercat

I only said Valor was not one of my favorite's. I still had an awesome time! We had been on other Conquest class ships and for whatever reason liked them better. It could have been the ports or our room or our service. I honestly don't remember....I just know we said it was not one of our fav ships. It's been a couple years. BUT if someone said today, do you want to go with me on a cruise on Valor I'd go in a second!

A cruise is a cruise....period! You'll love it!

We will be in Cabin 9201 on the Conquest on September 5th !! I saw it on the deck plans while researching trips and called my TA and she contacted Carnival and got it for us. Now I did this back in June of 2014 for the sailing September 2015.

Just my 2 cents, but we did a b2b on the Valor and had a GSOV the first week and a lido balcony the second. Would really liked to have stayed in the GSOV, but it wasn't available the second week.

We had booked a b2b on the Valor again this fall in a GSOV, but got bumped to the Liberty with no such rooms. They gave us a Lido balcony instead. Really not an upgrade in our opinion. The GSOV are in our opinion the sweetest valued rooms on any of their ships.

Just my 2 cents, but we did a b2b on the Valor and had a GSOV the first week and a lido balcony the second. Would really liked to have stayed in the GSOV, but it wasn't available the second week.

We had booked a b2b on the Valor again this fall in a GSOV, but got bumped to the Liberty with no such rooms. They gave us a Lido balcony instead. Really not an upgrade in our opinion. The GSOV are in our opinion the sweetest valued rooms on any of their ships.

I totally agree with you. Their size along with those huge windows offering the best panoramic view of any cabin makes them second only to the captain's suite IMO. I truly wished they had put these on the Vista and can't understand why they didn't.

We do our girl trip in May, we booked ours a year out also, we're cruising on the Glory out of Miami. We scored big, we got adjoining Scenic Ocean View rooms on the Lido. 3 girls in a quad and 2 in a double. Love the adjoining cabins, it makes the rooms feel so much bigger. Plus the huge window is freaking AWSOME!!!

Thank you OP for posting this thread! We just upgraded our "standard" Scenic Ocean View room to a Grand Scenic Ocean View room for $30 total for 4 people, we are sailing on the Sunshine in Jan. 2017. Super stoked about getting this room!

Never ever heard of such an AWSOME upgrade. If I'm thinking correctly this GSOV is just a step below the Captains suite. Correct me if I'm wrong. The GSOV we toured in May on the Valor was just like a 1 bedroom apartment, it had 2 bathrooms, living room, separate bedroom area and a HUGH balcony.

I booked mine on the Valor about 18 months out also and the room did not appear unless you were booking for 4 people.

We have the BEST PVP there is, we call her tell her what we want and some way some how she's finds it for us. Love her!!

Never ever heard of such an AWSOME upgrade. If I'm thinking correctly this GSOV is just a step below the Captains suite. Correct me if I'm wrong. The GSOV we toured in May on the Valor was just like a 1 bedroom apartment, it had 2 bathrooms, living room, separate bedroom area and a HUGH balcony.

That's the captain's suite. The GSOV doesn't have a balcony and only one bathroom.

I also don't know what the poster meant by "standard" scenic oceanview. There's oceanview rooms, then just four scenic oceanviews, then the two grand scenics in the corners next to the captain's suites.

BTW: are you ready to go???! Did you get one of these for the Sunshine?

Edited by cruizinisthebest

That's the captain's suite. The GSOV doesn't have a balcony and only one bathroom.

I also don't know what the poster meant by "standard" scenic oceanview. There's oceanview rooms, then just four scenic oceanviews, then the two grand scenics in the corners next to the captain's suites.

BTW: are you ready to go???! Did you get one of these for the Sunshine?

Oh, now I know why I thought it was AWSOME!!! TY. Yes we are, all packed and ready to drive down in the morning. No, we got an inside on the Lido this time around hoping for a good up sale but the call never came...we had to cut back a little on this cruise, we have another booked in December. We're just hoping that Danny stays away from us!!!

One showed as available for me online for our Sept 2015 Sunshine sailing, room 9126. I called to switch to it. I think it may have been a glitch bc there are 2 of us and it is a quad.

We had a quad with just 2 of us in May in a SOV. We have one booked in May on the Glory and there's only 3 of us. Not sure, but we've never been bumped out of anything that was listed as a quad before. My DH and I are just two rooms away from 9126 but we sail 8/21..

Edited by volmoma