Non Alcoholic Bubbly under 21?

cloudninecat

We're bringing on 2 bottles of wine for ourselves. We thought the kids might like something special to toast the sail away as well. Can 18+ (but under 21) bring on a bottle of non alcoholic bubbly or is the 750ml allowance for 21+ only, regardless of alcohol content? The way the policy reads I'm guessing the answer is no but wanted to know if anyone knew for sure.

Edited by cloudninecat

I have brought sparkling cider for my boys but I counted it as one of the adult bottles. I'm not sure but I don't think it would have been allowed otherwise.

Yeah I don't know if I want to sacrifice a bottle of wine for it. :') I'm guessing they don't look at whether or not it has alcohol in it if you are over 21 but under 21 I'm sure they'll scrutinize if they let it pass at all.

umm, a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly is what, $4 - maybe $5?

Try it, explain it to the security person who does the scanning (if they even notice) - worst case scenario, you're out a fiver - best case scenario - your kids have something to toast with you.

umm, a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly is what, $4 - maybe $5?

Try it, explain it to the security person who does the scanning (if they even notice) - worst case scenario, you're out a fiver - best case scenario - your kids have something to toast with you.

I've thought about it. I guess they would just confiscate it at worse. Maybe if I put it in the one that looks most like he could be 21, as he is only a few months shy, they won't even look at it.