Hair Straighteners on MSC Cruise

Wadiesrus4

Hi

Today we received the final paperwork for the MSC cruise we are going on in a weeks time. I was horrified to read that hair straighteners are forbidden on board.......I can't live without straighteners, my hair has a mind of its own.....can anyone help......if you take them do they get confiscated? This could ruin my trip especially on an evening when I want to dress up and look nice :(

Hi

Today we received the final paperwork for the MSC cruise we are going on in a weeks time. I was horrified to read that hair straighteners are forbidden on board.......I can't live without straighteners, my hair has a mind of its own.....can anyone help......if you take them do they get confiscated? This could ruin my trip especially on an evening when I want to dress up and look nice :(

A question asked many times on this forum

try these links

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2368343&highlight=straighteners

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2355795&highlight=straighteners

Pete

Edited by Skier52

In the travel documents, under the heading 'Your Luggage', hair straighteners are included in the list of things not to pack and "are forbidden onboard". However, MSC doesn't seem to enforce this which is why this question constantly surfaces.

Edited by Beamafar

Hi...... I had the same concern and truly considered cancelling the cruise when I found out about the flat iron issue. We would have booked another line where flat irons are allowed, but how sad my hair is such an issue that I KNEW without my flat iron I would be miserable. Anyway, we ARE CRUISING in February. After many emails, etc., I was told that "curling irons and flat irons are allowed onboard and they will not be confiscated" that came from the Manager of Consumer Sales....I feel confident now that flat irons are allowed. I just wish they would fix their website and documents!!!

I think I'm going to pack mine in my luggage like I always do. Good luck!:)

Hi...... I had the same concern and truly considered cancelling the cruise when I found out about the flat iron issue. We would have booked another line where flat irons are allowed, but how sad my hair is such an issue that I KNEW without my flat iron I would be miserable. Anyway, we ARE CRUISING in February. After many emails, etc., I was told that "curling irons and flat irons are allowed onboard and they will not be confiscated" that came from the Manager of Consumer Sales....I feel confident now that flat irons are allowed. I just wish they would fix their website and documents!!!

I think I'm going to pack mine in my luggage like I always do. Good luck!:)

Here's the original post i posted a link to earlier

October 28th, 2013, 10:12 PM

MSC Cruises USA

Customer Care, MSC Cruises USA ~ verified Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Default Hair Straighteners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by susyq

Hi all.

Is there ANYBODY sailing the Canaries on Armonia on 30th November? Lot's of other roll calls for other ships but nothing for this. Or am I missing it completely?

Also, just noticed somebody responding to a post about irons etc and he told a lady traveller that Curling tongs and hair straighteners were not allowed? Surely not? They are allowed on RCI ships and there can't be a lady on this planet who will go to a formal dinner without straightening her hair??? I can't anyway

Hair straighteners are allowed onboard. Sorry for any confusion.

MSC Cruises USA

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...