The food on Quest -Southampton to Montreal

islington

We returned recently from a wonderful TA on the Quest and felt we had to comment on the greatly improved food in Discoveries and other venues. We have sailed many times on Azamara so feel we can compare and there is no doubt in our minds that this was the best dining ever. Not only does there seem to be more variety but the menu seems to be more extensive.

The fresh moules, brought on board along with a magnificent cheese board in France,were mouthwatering. The fresh salmon from Cork was the best we have ever tasted and was cooked to perfection. In St John's they purchased local cod and haddock; all this was in addition to the main menu.

I do hope the powers that be in Miami take note of the positive comments made, the budget has obviously been increased and this is very much appreciated. Long may it last!

Jenni

We were also on the Southampton to Montreal voyage and we concur that the food was wonderful. It was our first cruise with Azamara so we cannot compare with past experience with them, but we can say that it was as good as we have enjoyed in the past with Oceania.

We were also on the Southampton to Montreal voyage and we concur that the food was wonderful. It was our first cruise with Azamara so we cannot compare with past experience with them.

Likewise.

I am Lactose Intolerant so had to pre- order my food the previous night , so unfortunately couldn't order the food as mentioned in post 1. However, I was impressed that this happened for other guests in 3 of our ports. Maybe because the ship doesn't have 2000+ guests it is possible.

I have seen a series on TV featuring one of Azamara's ships in Asian waters, where the chef went to the local markets, to purchase fish which was on the menu that night, so maybe it is a signature of the Azamara brand.

I would also add that a feature that I hadn't come across before was a daily special in 'Windows,' but guests didn't have to go to Windows to enjoy it. If they were interested, they could order and it would be brought to them in Discoveries.

I was also made 'specials'

I was unable to order anything from the sweet menu except sorbets. I had a word with Philip at the Officers' Lunch buffet which was held on a sea day and thereafter the chef made me Lactose free deserts, some of which can be seen amongst my photos of Quest:

https://goo.gl/photos/SbxHkjE4xaCmGnxf7

Edited by upwarduk

Completely agree with these comments about the improved food offerings and specials that were on the Transatlantic. Of particular interest was the multiple appearances of crab claws and legs on multiple occasions. Chef Iwan continues to amaze!

Also agree the food was great, even excellent in some areas, on this cruise. Also enjoyed the fresh crab claws at so many events and dinners, the oysters, both fresh and Rockerfellered, the amazing cheeses, some really excellent ones, thank you Normandy for those exceptional French cheeses, and thank you Azamara for buying them at the market for us to indulge in.

And we loved the fresh fish, thank you Canada! Your food is great, and we really enjoyed the Canadian Seafood choices in the buffet dinner.

We always used to have ok food on Azamara until the previous cruise we were on which was Auckland to Sydney, the food was v average. No sign of any chef bringing in fresh local food.

What a missed opportunity given the strengths of Aus/NZ cuisine.

So the reason I am posting now is to encourage the current chefs onboard to keep "buying local", you may have no idea how much this is appreciated.:)

I also thought the food on my two recent Journey cruises was wonderful.

The grilled lobster at White Night was very popular and absolutely delicious. There was fresh Mozzarella and local tomatoes, locally bought Cannoli and fish brought onboard. The two dinners we had in Aqualina on each cruise were outstanding and Indian Buffet night in Windows was marvellous.

I have always enjoyed the food on my Azamara cruises but this was definitely an improvement. Buying local is a great idea.

We were also on the Southampton-Montreal cruise and full agree with the comments about the food. The menus in Discoveries are very good - I like the fact that there are some "ever-present" items, the daily rotating menus and the additional daily chef's special and world cuisine dish. This gives a very welcome selection choice problem. The quality of everything was first-class as well.

On top of that, we had all the wonderful local produce brought on board at various locations - oysters, mussels, scallops, fresh fish and even frogs legs.

We were also on the Southampton to Montreal cruise and concur with all of the previous posters. The Windows Buffet was excellent every night and the steak at the Patio was as good as any we have had in Prime C (thank you Kumar!)

The fresh cod purchased in St. John's and served the next day at the Officers Brunch in Discoveries was the best we have ever had - perfectly cooked and not over seasoned. The cheese from Normandy was OUTSTANDING. The "all you could eat" Stone Crab and Snow Crab claws served at the buffet were unbelievable. And then there was the chocolate buffet held one evening in Mosaic - absolutely decadent!

Serving regional specialties with ingredients purchased locally made our cruise so much more interesting and fun. It was great way to bring "Destination Immersion" onboard. Thanks Azamara!