steamboats

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Cruising, Steamboating
  • If you have a personal or hobby CRUISE or TRAVEL BLOG, include the url here:
    http://www.cruisediary.de

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

steamboats's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

• Great Review Rare
  • Great Review Rare

Recent Badges

1. Ocean Cay, Bahamas, is a private island operated by MSC Cruises. So I doubt they are going there. Sometimes they just put in a fun destination in their AIS system. I have seen that several times (with various cruise lines/ships). steamboats
  2. I was just checking and came up with the same result 🤣. Looks pretty obvious for me. steamboats
  3. Check with Civitatours. Their bus is 30 Euro/pp. But it´s only running once per day in the morning. steamboats
  4. Doesn´t work at each location over here. Sometimes in very touristy spots you need a code for the restrooms at McDonalds which is printed on your receipt (so you need to buy something to use the restrooms). steamboats
  5. There´s been a media event in NYC... more here. steamboats
  6. Good to read that they´s opened up again! I saw it yesterday evening in our TV news. steamboats
  7. Since Thursday Capri has a problem with the water supply. The major has closed the island for tourists yesterday, June 22nd, 2024. Capri has no own water ressources and therefore is connected via a pipe to the mainland. Obviously this pipe has a malfunction as there´s no fresh water arriving at the island anymore. As they are not able to cater all locals plus thousands of tourists the major decided to close the island until further notice. steamboats
  8. Considering you are speaking of a ship´s excursion: Lucca is closer but much larger than San Gimignano. San Gimignano might be a bit more impressive because of the many towers. And my absolute must is Gelateria di Piazza by Sergio Dondoli in San Gimignano. steamboats
  9. The T3 bus stops at the WTC since a couple of years. There you can change to the HoHo bus. steamboats
  10. @Tom and Ingrid you can walk from Moll Adossat to La Rambla. But it actually depends at which terminal your ship is docked. A to C is o.k. but at least half an hour. You have to walk up the bridge and over it and the to the Columbus column. Been there done that a few times (mainly because you can take pictures of the ships in port from the bridge). If your ship is farther out or when it's hot it's definitely no fun. The Blue T3 Bus (port shuttle) is more convenient and with 3.50 Euro single ride or 4.50 Euro back&fourth it's pretty cheap. The WTC is only for smaller ships but less than 10 min walking from La Rambla. And anyway this area won't be available anymore for smaller ships. The city doesn't want ships there anymore. steamboats
  11. Although credit cards are widely accepted in Europe you may need some cash for smaller amounts or for using a bathroom on a tour. I would retrieve some Euro at an ATM in Amsterdam (airport). Don´t care for any Swiss Francs. Some even accept Euro as Basel is just on the other side of the border to Germany. steamboats
  12. All larger cruise ships dock at Moll Adossat. There are terminals for 6 ships (A to F). Celebrity pretty likely docks at A or B. Anyway there is only one entrance and you have to pass by all terminals. Your X-Press Pass will name the terminal. Here you can download a map of the terminal area. steamboats
  13. The island is called Schwindinsel. The part above the bridge is better known, the Praterinsel. No, there are no boats on the Isar river. It's not navigable. Upriver in the region of Bad Tölz the wooden rafts start downriver to the South of Munich. There's an area called Floßlände where the rafts stop and are dismantled. steamboats
  14. Here's our Isar river. You can compare to last weeks photo. It's still on the higher side but gone down significantly. You can see the peak of the island again. steamboats
  15. MSC has a Big Band with 16 musicians onboard the MSC Euribia for a year now. Those shows are packed. There are two singers and the band. So "largest orchestra on sea" is relative as MSC had it already. steamboats