Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    All of them!

Recent Profile Visitors

2,642 profile views

kathynorth's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (8/20)

1. For those who don't have a wifi package and do use the Celebrity app to text. You set your phone to airplane mode. Then you turn your wifi on. Select Celebrity guest. log in the same way to use the app to access activities, menus, etc. To access the text/chat feature you click the bubble with 3 dots located in the upper right part of the screen. You need to add the passengers you want to text/chat with. The app sends them a chat request and they need to click on their end in order for the 2 of you to be able to communicate using the app. We found it very easy to text once we used it a couple of times.
  2. You don't receive an email confirmation that says you have received points. You need to check your points total and then your points history on the Celebrity website to confirm you received the points. All earned points are supposed to be posted on the Celebrity on the 14th of the following month, but sometimes it takes a couple of days after.
  3. The link from post #6 brought me to the correct page. I see $130 USD.
  4. Hmm, I just looked at my screen shots and none of them show my CC#. The emails inviting me to participate do show my name and #. Maybe you can go into your old emails and submit a copy of the invite along with the screen shots.
  5. Yes, I was able to locate this option for the same as what's showing for you in the drinks menu in my planner. The cheaper option was located in the onboard activities menu.
  6. I always email shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my request. A confirmation email that it's been received typically is received within minutes of my email. Did you receive a confirmation email? Then it can take a bit of time for the request to be processed, but 10 days seems longer than usual. I then receive a 2nd email saying the OBC has been approved at which point I check on the website as if I were to book an excursion and see that I have extra OBC to spend.
  7. Ah, you just anticipated my next question! Bringing 4 onboard at the start will be helpful to me. I'm more than happy to have them hold onto 2 of them for the 2nd cruise.
  8. This could be a snag for me, but that wasn't mentioned during my call. They both have the same first and last names, but different middle initials and obviously have different birthdates.
  9. We bought our hooks at Home Depot. Never leave home without them.
  10. The Riedel Wine Workshop posted in my planner for a Feb 2025 cruise on Equinox is priced at $55 but now $51.99 on sale. No mention of glass ware. There is a minimal description: Savor four different varietals from our superb collection of wines served in beautiful stemware. This seminar is led by our master sommeliers, who will teach you how about how the right stemware changes the aromas and flavors of each wine.
  11. Thank you to everyone who has posted responses! Your info is very helpful. I called Captains Club about the B2B discount and was told I wasn't eligible because one of my cruises is a Blue Chip. Good to know cabin occupants can check in at different times. For some reason I thought we needed to check in at the same time. The website only shows direct airport transfers, so no excursions available. I'll plan on a quiet morning on the ship until my DH arrices.
  12. My first B2B cruise will be this Feb on Equinox out of Port Canaveral. The 1st week I'll be cruising with my son. My husband will be with me on the 2nd cruise. I have a sense of how B2B cruisers are disembarked, then check back in to reboard. From what I've read this usually takes place between 9-10am. However, what happens if my husband isn't with me for the 2nd check in? He's scheduled to arrive around 12 noon. Will I need to wait in the terminal until he arrives or can he check in later than I do? Does Celebrity ever have any excursions available for B2B cruisers to book on turn around day? Do you have any tips for 1st time B2B cruisers?
  13. Departure time won't make a difference. Celebrity now allows passengers to drop their bags at the cabin no matter what time they board. There just isn't full use of the cabin until after the all clear announcement that happens around 1pm.
  14. JeffT237, your photos are awesome; thank you for sharing them! We were on an end of Aug Iceland to Boston cruise where the northern lights appeared around 11pm. We were already in bed when we heard the announcement by our cruise director and practically jumped into our clothes to go view on the upper decks.
  15. I'm not sure when they disappeared. Our cruise leaves tomorrow and I logged in to check on everything around 3 weeks ago. That's when I noticed the first 3 days of reservations were missing. Quite the mystery. This has never happened to us before. 😕

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.