gnome12

Members
About Me

• Interests
    cycling, theatre, number puzzles, architecture

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

gnome12's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

• Excellent Advice! Rare

Recent Badges

1. I was there in November and there were lots of floating markets.
  2. Unfortunately, we have skipped Leknes. We were almost there but turned around about 5 in the morning. I must admit I am quite disappointed. I was going to take my first helicopter ride, in a place that is supposed to be beautiful. Oh well, things happen. Second sea day in a row.
  3. Yes, and awkward to get to. I went for a walk the day before boarding, and I saw the ship but couldn’t quite figure out how to get there. So I took the bus (I had been in Oslo for a few days so had a multi-day transit ticket) and it was quite a roundabout route from where I had walked to. I don’t think there would be a good pedestrian route to Aker Brygge which would probably be closest.
  4. I have barely noticed them, so obviously not a bother. Current Cruise Director is JP, but he is only a temporary replacement. He is off in Copenhagen. I don’t know who will be replacing him.
  5. Having just been in Oslo take bus 81 to meet up with tram 12. Sorry, I deleted the Ruter App so I can’t tell you exactly where to switch. But the app is great, you can buy your ticket on it and it when you give it the journey you want to do it shows you exactly where to walk to make the transfers. The tram stop for Vigeland Park is Vigelandparken and it is right at the entrance.
  6. Yes, there are a number that I have seen. The youngest maybe 8-10 and at least a number of teenagers.
  7. If the flight is booked on Aeroplan points it will only be on Star Alliance airlines which all operate out of Terminal 1, as far as I know.
  8. I dined tonight with someone who is gluten intolerant. It is on her record, and the waiter went over the menu items with her and told her what she could eat.
  9. I’m currently on the Dawn, and certainly at the buffets and in the Arts Cafe there are gluten-free items labelled. I think the menus mention gluten-free, but I can’t be certain.
  10. Today started out well. We had a lovely view from the first viewpoint, where we could see the Norwegian Prima at the seawalk and the Silver Dawn at anchor. Unfortunately, when we got to the top of Mt Dalsnibba it was foggy and cloudy and we couldn’t see anything. The same as the Eagle Bend road. Somewhat disappointing. I think people that had morning excursions had it better. Our bus was the last one back; we came back with the tent and all the equipment that had been on the dock.
  11. I think some of it depends on the temperatures. If it is very hot, I think most lines become more lenient.
  12. Remember that Scenic is Australian, and Australians generally dress quite casually.