About Me

• Interests
    Travel
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Cunard
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Mediterranean

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

sfred's Achievements

Cool Cruiser

Cool Cruiser (2/15)

1. I don't think there's a 4 bottle option, only 6 or 12. On QE in September 2023 the Commodore 6 bottle was $445 and 12 was $750. Captain collection was $310 and $550.
  2. sfred

Cheese cart?

We were in Britannia Club on our QM2 trip which finished today so can't say for PG. There were definitely cheese trolleys in PG on QE on our recent February voyage. As @exlondoner said, there are six or seven choices, biscuits, and fruit.
  3. Thanks @babs135. As @bluemarble indicates, your photo is the Dalian art gallery. Looks like winter from the people's clothes. I went to Dalian frequently in a past work life. Winter was very cold in contrast to summertime Australia.
  4. It is my favourite time aboard! We have a clear horizon this morning 15 May from QM2, enroute back to Southampton.
  5. Sunrise on the Elbe, Tuesday 14 May.
  6. Taylor is aboard QM2. $28
  7. A rather hazy sunrise on Monday 13 May from QM2 in the Channel enroute to Hamburg.
  8. QM2 is in Southampton this morning, Sunday 12 May, arriving from NY. That's not particularly noteworthy. The noteworthy part for us is that Mrs sfred and I will board later on today for a short four night trip to Hamburg and back. We've been in Morocco for two weeks and the timing worked out nicely to catch QM2 before returning home to Australia. (Given our departure from Morocco on stolen letters of transit from Rick’s Cafe, I wondered if it was a bad idea to be going to Germany. But hopefully the authorities believed we went to Lisbon instead of Southampton. 😀 ) Looking forward to embarkation day beer this afternoon!
  9. The screenshot I had saved didn't include the ferry. Earlier that morning in Japan, there was a great sunrise view of the wider harbour. I saw a small dark blob that I thought was probably QE as she arrived but it was far too small and the lighting contrast of the dark water and brightening sky made identification impossible. Sometime later that morning the webcam operator narrowed the focus to the ship to the view that @bluemarble posted.
  10. I was glad to see this webcam zoom in on the ship during its port call, from the usual wider view of this port. Edit: I see that @D&N has identified Sasebo while I was typing. Congratulations!
  11. @bluemarble, should we record QE's visit by the port name Beppu, or the city Oita, or some combo?
  12. I was hoping you might capture the arrival or departure!! I made a diary note to try to have a look, but unfortunately have been in the wrong time zone lately.
  13. I found an online photo of the building and falls, which google maps says is on the Innvikfjorden in Norway.
  14. Essaouira is correct. An interesting port town with a nice historical Medina and waterfront.