I was invited to preview Explorer

gnomie1

I don't blame you...not at all comfortable. One last silly question...how did they get the photos for the brochure we received in yesterday's mail with photos of cabins, Compass Rose etc. not artist's renditions, when the ship isn't finished. :confused

Maybe a showroom ??

I wish I had thought of those items because you are so correct on both accounts. I'm sorry I did not mention that at the reception - so here it goes:

Regent C suite executives:

Since I am sure you are following this thread, PLEASE add more electrical outlets in the suites, provide better lighting in the bathrooms and most important - have a good, high quality make-up mirror available.

gnomie :)

Don't you wonder why we are having this discussion? DW and I spent lots of valuable vacation time filling out the on-board Regent Comment Cards in response to Regent's strident requests {video and announcements} and assurances that they were reviewed in detail at Regent Corporate. Regent probably has tens of thousands of details of what its clients like and don't like.

Also, supposedly there are advisory groups made up of Ti and Pt level passengers. Regent shouldn't have to be told that we love the beds - heck many of us bought beds for home to match Regent's! Also I bet they've gotten a thousand comments that there isn't enough electrical outlets.

:confused:

Don't you wonder why we are having this discussion? DW and I spent lots of valuable vacation time filling out the on-board Regent Comment Cards in response to Regent's strident requests {video and announcements} and assurances that they were reviewed in detail at Regent Corporate. Regent probably has tens of thousands of details of what its clients like and don't like.

Also, supposedly there are advisory groups made up of Ti and Pt level passengers. Regent shouldn't have to be told that we love the beds - heck many of us bought beds for home to match Regent's! Also I bet they've gotten a thousand comments that there isn't enough electrical outlets.

:confused:

Could not agree more!

Hello Cruise Critic community! I’d like to take this time to introduce myself as the Vice President of Digital Marketing at Prestige Cruise Holdings. We wanted to let you know that after consulting with our operations department, Seven Seas Explorer suites will have the same European King-Size Suite Slumber Bed® you all know and love on our existing fleet, with the Regent Suite featuring a special King-size Savoir Bed. Apologies for the confusion!

Hello Cruise Critic community! I’d like to take this time to introduce myself as the Vice President of Digital Marketing at Prestige Cruise Holdings. We wanted to let you know that after consulting with our operations department, Seven Seas Explorer suites will have the same European King-Size Suite Slumber Bed® you all know and love on our existing fleet, with the Regent Suite featuring a special King-size Savoir Bed. Apologies for the confusion!

Welcome to the Regent boards. Hope you will continue to check in with us once in a while. Thank you for your explanation about the beds in the Seven Seas Explorer suites. This is a rather unusual thread as Regent customers are generally thrilled with the beds on the ships.

Hello Mike, thanks for the clarification. However, and to finally put this issue to rest, could you provide the actual measurements of these beds in inches? These terms of "European King" and King "Savoir" beds are not universally known terms, well at least I had never heard them before. Thanks in advance, and hope you stick around to provide official Regent feedback to many of the comments/ questions that are discussed in this forum.

Hello Mike, thanks for the clarification. However, and to finally put this issue to rest, could you provide the actual measurements of these beds in inches? These terms of "European King" and King "Savoir" beds are not universally known terms, well at least I had never heard them before. Thanks in advance, and hope you stick around to provide official Regent feedback to many of the comments/ questions that are discussed in this forum.

European King beds are 71" wide x 79" long. Savoir beds refer to a brand of very expensive beds manufactured in the UK. Google "European King size beds" and see http://www.savoirbeds.com/ for more information. Hope this helps.

I'd like to know why the beds on Regent ships are called "Slumber Beds®" when supposedly they have the same mattresses as the Oceania ships. At least, according to the Oceania website, the Regent ships also carry the "Tranquility mattresses."

Edited by journeyfan

Welcome Mike, really nice for you to chime in on the "bed" confusion. Please don't stay a stranger.

Sharing with the cc group a question I asked my very knowledgeable TA. I wasn't sure if the lay out would be like the Voyager and Navigator (port and starboard sharing the same hall way) or like the Mariner (a wall so not sharing the same hall way) ?

I'm happy to report that it will be like the Voyager without the wall/divider. I like that so much better when you're traveling with friends.

Welcome Mike, really nice for you to chime in on the "bed" confusion. Please don't stay a stranger.

Sharing with the cc group a question I asked my very knowledgeable TA. I wasn't sure if the lay out would be like the Voyager and Navigator (port and starboard sharing the same hall way) or like the Mariner (a wall so not sharing the same hall way) ?

I'm happy to report that it will be like the Voyager without the wall/divider. I like that so much better when you're traveling with friends.

Thanks for checking, Marcie. It's good to know that the decks with suites will be set up like Voyager and not like Mariner as pictured in the Explorer deck plans.

Hi Mike:

Welcome to the forum - I do not believe you were at the Explorer presentation in NYC - if you were, I apologize for not meeting you.

I hope that Regent will now follow the actions of other travel companies, such as on Flyertalk, in that official representatives of the airlines, hotels, credit cards take a keen interest in what their customers have to say and actively participate, offering much needed guidance and assistance. Please do not be a stranger and I hope to be able to read your thoughts and comments frequently. I believe I am speaking for many of the regulars who follow this forum almost on a daily basis.

I don't blame you...not at all comfortable. One last silly question...how did they get the photos for the brochure we received in yesterday's mail with photos of cabins, Compass Rose etc. not artist's renditions, when the ship isn't finished. :confused

Maybe a showroom ??

All the pictures are computer generated mock-ups. There were plenty of pictures on display at the presentation and although some people there actually thought they were photographs, in reality they were all produced with the aid of some computers and clever graphic artists.