Landing in Orlando

Slippin

We are landing in Orlando a day before our cruise. What's the best way to get to Port Canaveral? We see that Carnival has shuddles the day of the cruise but not the day before?

Please help!!

Car rentals (one way drop off typically costs an additional $25 or so) are a good way to go. There are several car rental offices just down the street from the ships and they offer pick up and drop off to the ports. I think I used Budget or Thrifty and it worked out nicely.

Yep, rental car is good. Drop it off in the morning and take their shuttle to port. People getting off the ship will be renting the cars to head back to Orlando. It gets very busy in there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have done this both ways, rental car and shuttle.

The rental car way turned out great and was able to stay right in Cocoa Beach before the cruise and have a wonderful dinner right at the port the evening before the cruise with a large group of CCr's from our roll call. I believe I ended up using Avis.

Have also flown into Orlando and stayed at a hotel near the airport with free airport pick up. The morning of the cruise we took the free shuttle back to the airport and took the elevator down to arrivals and followed the process to go to the ship on Royal's shuttle, which we had pre-arranged.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

You want your return rental location to be Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach

choices are

Hertz, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, Avis, National, Enterprise, Alamo, Payless located here:

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

Have you heard anything about putting a rental counter in T1?

Have you heard anything about putting a rental counter in T1?

With the Ron Jon outlet already there and all those expansion plans (hotel, etc) near the Exploration Tower in the works, could rental car counters be expected in the long-term future?

First, I think they have to work on the parking constraints. Lately that B1 Lot seems to be overflowing a bit with vehicles parked everywhere. I assume most are passenger vehicles and not employees because it seems full even when the ships are out. To me it looks like no room at the Inn for rental cars at this time! ;)

Edited by SteerageJoe

A central rental facility is a 'plan' of the Port Commission ... been discussed on and off for several years

a recent news article talked of the Port plan to build a 'vehicle processing facility' which would serve import or export customers and this facility could also house a 'central rental car facility'

Such a facility has been discussed for several years and consultants have recommended one .... but no concrete plans

The port recently pursued a BIG contract for a European auto maker's import facility and lost and they (appear to) suspect that not having an existing facility was the deciding point (the winning port DID have existing business) so they are contemplating building one b4 they have a customer . . .

"if they build it, will they come????" is IMO a good question. A car rental facility near T-1 is great for T-1 but is not significantly closer for all the north (aka A) side terminals especially Hetrz, Budget, and Payless. And if any rental owns their current location (less than 2 miles from the port) would they jump at the chance to move to a less than optimal NEW location?????

This ain't like an airport ... people from the north terminals are NOT walking to a 'central rental facility' on the south side of the port .... so shuttles are still involved. No $ savings for the rental company and no time savings for the customer.

My two cents . . .

Inquiring minds want to know . . . .