dawn spa

smurf1635

I haven't been on Dawn but did buy spa passes for December cruise because that's what we enjoy. After investigating, it appears to have most of the amenities we find on Epic although perhaps on a smaller scale: heated loungers, hot tubs, pool, relaxation area, saunas, steam rooms, locker rooms.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I haven't been on Dawn but did buy spa passes for December cruise because that's what we enjoy. After investigating, it appears to have most of the amenities we find on Epic although perhaps on a smaller scale: heated loungers, hot tubs, pool, relaxation area, saunas, steam rooms, locker rooms.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thank you. We had a spa cabin on another line, and I really enjoyed it. I guess now all I have to do is wait for it to become available to purchase. :)

They made some improvements during the recent refurbishment, biggest thing is they added the heated loungers. I think there are some recent photos on the NCL site (can't access at the moment), but older reviews should still give a pretty good idea of what it's like.

I haven't been on the Dawn since the refurbishment, but the spa can't really be compared to what you get on the newest megaships. But the price is also lower. :)

We were on the Dawn in August and went to the spa. While we have not been in any other one we used it quite a bit. The steam room and sauna were nice. Enjoyed the hot tubs. The lap pool was a bit to chilly for me. I didn't enjoy the heated lounge chair just used a couple of towels to make it a bit more comfortable. Would definitely get passes again. Enjoy your cruise [emoji907]

Unisex steam rooms, saunas, hot plunge tub, cold plunge tub.

Coed jacuzzi, hydro bubbling bench, lap pool with warm fresh water (vs cold sea water). People sit and soak in the lap pool too. Hot stone loungers along aft facing Windows.

Unisex relaxation rooms with chairs where people sit and read (and sleep) with aft facing Windows.

Seemed odd that the spa manager would come by and ask how the temperature was in various spa features. There should be a set temperature for waters and rooms.

There are Windows from spa reception into the coed area. So as you sit in the lap pool, people stare at you like you are in a fish tank.

Edited by BirdTravels

We have had the spa pass three times and have enjoyed the relaxation and the aft view. The steam room and sauna rooms are separated by sex and were located in the respective bathroom areas. That was the main thing we didn't particularly care for as we would have preferred to go in together. Also, the last two times, there were some very loud people talking almost non-stop. It echoed throughout the area and didn't provide that serene quiet setting they advertise. Since you can't really determine how other passengers are going to be, we have opted out for our next trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's a shame that they didn't replace that fogged up window during the refurbishment. Or maybe it got messed up since then. Seems like every spa we've been in that has these kinds of windows has at least one like that, and it's really unsightly :(

Edited by hawkeyetlse

We sailed in an inside cabin two years ago on the Dawn. The thermal suite was a godsend! Loved the aft views and the uncrowded pool and jacuzzi. I have to agree that some people forget that it should be a quiet area, and that was annoying. We sailed in the Garden Villa this past year, and did not purchase the thermal suite pass, for obvious reasons. If we sail again on the Dawn, we definitely will though.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all...

Wife and I are cruising on November 20 -27...on 'The Dawn'...does anyone know the prices for spa treatments? We have contacted NCL however they are of no help

Thanks.

Also...anyone have anymore pics of the dawn (interior) please share and care

cheers!

Hi all...

Wife and I are cruising on November 20 -27...on 'The Dawn'...does anyone know the prices for spa treatments? We have contacted NCL however they are of no help

Thanks.

cheers!

A spa menu was posted yesterday in another thread, but I have no idea if it's uniform across the fleet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51343191&postcount=5

Seriously considering a spa pass. I know the spa on the Dawn doesnt have all the features of one of the bigger ships, what is missing, what does it have? Anyone have any pictures to share?

Thanks,

robin

We have cruised the Dawn for the last 5 years and always buy the spa package. The recent upgrades on the ship are very nice. Softer look, although some real weird art in a few places,new locations for some of the restaurants were nice.

The spa has the largest indoor pool of all cruise ships. Warm fresh water and not more than 3 1/2 feet deep. There is a thermal pool with great jets and a lounge area to relax on. There is also a hot tub. The lounge chairs facing the aft of the ship have been replaced by thermal lounges. Not our thing very hard to lie on for more than 15 minutes and not temp adjustable, and missed the comfy lounges. The relaxation areas in the bathroom areas are chairs and foot stools and are all fabric that wet when we sat on them. We would certainly buy the spa pass again, but will be prepared for the changes.

Enjoy...

Hi all...

Thanks.

cheers!

The following video shows the Dawn before and after recent dry dock

bb51a94c0dcccdbc706ee2cbbba33a19.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels