Liberty/Freedom/Indep-PROMENADE STATEROOM Noise??????

kstmbjm

I read one post where the gentleman complained that there was a lot of noise (from the people on the Promenade) heard from his Promenade stateroom.

I was worried about this when I booked and the RCCL rep assured me that I wouldn't be able to hear any noise through the glass.

Does anyone else have any experience with the noise from the Promenade being heard (presumable through the glass) in Promenade staterooms?

We had 2 cabins over the cafe on the Freedom of the Seas last week. I have read that the other end near the bar you may hear more. There were only a few times we heard anything (during shows or parades)

I loved the feeling of extra space due to the large window. Make sure to bring a clip to hold close, we had one that didn’t stay together well.

We were on Liberty, cabin 7275. We could hear ALL the noise from below. Street parades, 70's party, dancers and singers on the bridge, Hoof & Claw Pub, whatever. Maybe our cabin had a seal that let loose in the glass if everyone else says it was quiet, but our cabin was LOUD!

I've had three PR rooms. One on the Mariner and two on the Freedom, and never heard a peep.

I love these rooms. DH and I just had an inside on the Freedom two weeks ago, and the difference between the inside and the PR was HUGE!! The PR feels so much bigger!

We'll always go with the PR from here on out.

Our kids staying in the first level of PR cabins on the Liberty: Cabin 6591. They could barely hear the parade the first night, and they were watching it at the window!

I think the poster who mentioned loud noises must have had a faulty window, or seal, as mentioned. I was very surprised at how quiet it was.

Mind you, their room was right above the General Store, so there was no night time noise. This pic is my kids standing right below their cabin window.

3831657533_9d6e44c485.jpg

I guess that peoples definition of noise is another sujective opinion. I have had PR Cabins on Liberty 6305 (Ben an Jerry's Sweet) and on Adventure (Deck 7 in Middle of PR), and the LOS Cabin seemed to be a bit quieter then the AOS Cabin.

In general there was always some noise from the PR, but it was more like a white noise kind of thing. No different then listening to the Ocean from a Balcony Cabin.

Did it interfere with Sleep? No Way, we both slept great all week.

I would book a PR cabin over an inside or an OV in a heart beat, and you can't beat the location to access everything you need.

I believe noise is a personal matter. If you live in the country with very little sound at night you will be unhappy. If you live in the city with traffic noise it will not bother. We had a prom room on the Voyager and I hated it. Could not sleep, give me an inside over these any time, but I am a country girl. And make sure to bring something to keep the curtains closed if you sleep in the dark. The Prom is always lighted and you get lots if your curtains dont close good ours did not.

I believe noise is a personal matter. If you live in the country with very little sound at night you will be unhappy. If you live in the city with traffic noise it will not bother. We had a prom room on the Voyager and I hated it. Could not sleep, give me an inside over these any time, but I am a country girl. And make sure to bring something to keep the curtains closed if you sleep in the dark. The Prom is always lighted and you get lots if your curtains dont close good ours did not.

PudgiPoo, I always think this exact thing when I see this question asked. I am the opposite - a city girl and noise does not bother me, in fact I find it comforting. You are correct that is is very subjective. Country people will like quiet and solitude ... city people like me can take noise, crowds, even lines! Go figure.:D

Archived