Maasdam Breakfast Specials

Krazy Kruizers

Maasdam Special Breakfasts

When we were on the Maasdam in Feb/Mar, the special breakfast features were only available in the Lido. On these cruises breakfast specials were available in the dining room and Pinnacle Grill as well.

1st day:

Ranch Scramble - fajitas seasoned beef strips with bell peppers, onions and scallions served with scrambled eggs in a corn tortilla basket. DH had this and said it was excellent. The basket was very crisp - nice size portion. It also was accompanied by a triangle of hash brown potatoes.

Banana Bread French Toast

Mango Pancakes - I had them - these were great

Spinach, Potato & Feta cheese omelet

2nd day:

Biscuit & Gravy - sausage gravy on a buttermilk biscuit with 2 fried eggs and breakfast potatoes - DH had this and said it was very good.

Zucchini Bread French Toast

Dutch Style Apple Pancakes

Artichoke, Brie and Crab Meat Omelet - DH had this the second week and gave it an “A”.

3rd day:

Breakfast Burrito - rolled flour tortilla with egg omelet, link sausage, shredded cheddar cheese and guacamole salsa and sour cream

Granola Crusted French Toast

Peach and Walnut Pancakes - I ordered this - only thing lacking were the walnuts - there wasn’t even a sliver of one

Creamy Mozzarella Cheese Omelet

4th day

Steak and eggs

Banana French Toast

Strawberry Pancakes

Bay Shrimp Newburg Omelet - DH had this the second week - a 3 egg omelet filled with lots of bad shrimp and mushrooms in a Newburg sauce - excellent.

5th day

Scottish Eggs Benedict - toasted bun topped with sliced smocked salmon, poached eggs and topped with chive hollandaise. DH loved this dish when we were on the Maasdam before. Difference between the Lido and dining room/Pinnacle -- in the Lido you only get 1 Benedict where as in the dining room/Pinnacle you get two.

Vanilla French Toast

Chocolate Chip Pancakes - I love them!!

Artichoke, Bacon and Spinach Frittata topped with melted cheese

6th day

Texas Chicken Fajitas - tender sautéed chicken strips with bell peppers and onion on roasted red potatoes and topped with a two egg frittata and cheddar cheese. DH had this and it is a really big meal. It came in a huge deep dish. The potatoes, chicken strips, bell peppers and onions were beneath the eggs which had been cooked separately. On top of the eggs was guacamole, sour cream and salsa. There wasn’t any cheddar cheese anywhere. He loved it.

Cinnamon Swirl Toast

Banana Pancakes

Farmhouse Omelet - DH had this - filled with tomatoes, onions, red peppers, green peppers and mushrooms - he loved it.

You can also order the freshly made Belgium waffles in the dining room and Pinnacle (like the ones in the Lido). I did that one day - they were cold. I sent them back.

Ron

It is worth it!!

They will have a different one for 9 of the ten days. There are never any specials on the last day of the cruise.

It was funny - at the bottom of the cards on the table listing the specials, they began with day #2 and on day 6 of our cruise, we finished with #7. Have no idea what is offered on for #1, #8, and #9. You will have to report for those days.

Yonnie

They all sound very good, the different items like the Banana Nut Bread French Toast is one of the reasons we have enjoyed the Lido so I would love it if they are offering them in the Pinnacle for Breakfast next week on the Noordam.

Thanks for sharing this info:)

Maasdam Special Breakfasts

When we were on the Maasdam in Feb/Mar, the special breakfast features were only available in the Lido. On these cruises breakfast specials were available in the dining room and Pinnacle Grill as well.

1st day:

Ranch Scramble - fajitas seasoned beef strips with bell peppers, onions and scallions served with scrambled eggs in a corn tortilla basket. DH had this and said it was excellent. The basket was very crisp - nice size portion. It also was accompanied by a triangle of hash brown potatoes.

Banana Bread French Toast

Mango Pancakes - I had them - these were great

Spinach, Potato & Feta cheese omelet

Most of these were on the Westedam. I know because the first sea day we went to the dining room and I had the Banana Bread French Toast (did not have Mango that day). However, I missed our dining room steward (we had for dinner) and a steward about to pour coffee without asking (we drink tea), that we stuck with room service...and prefered the evening meal where our drinks (and after dinner tea) came without asking.

Still have to get up and get dressed to go there to eat.

We like breakfast delivered to the room and have it on the balcony...

Ruth & Jim

R&J--

That's why they invented Second Breakfast*.

(*The breakfast you enjoy in the Lido in the late morning after First Breakfast which is delivered to your suite.)

;)

Thanks Yonnie!

Think next time I'm on a HAL ship, I'll try another request to get huevos rancheros. The other items you mentioned ... Ranch Scramble, and Texas Chicken Fajitas are pretty close to one of my favourite breakfast treats!

Sounds like you had a great time ... can't wait to hear more! :)

And here I thought I was the only one who did the Second Breakfast. :) Coffee, fruit and chocolate croissants for the first and then the whole schebang for the Second. Mmmmmm

Yes!!!! There is no way I can pass up those chocolate croissants (which I write in on the order form). But it would be just too awful to pile them on the plate with the eggs, omelets, pancakes, whatever else we may choose!!!!:D

Splitting it up somehow makes it seem more acceptable;) . Besides, what happens in the cabin stays in the cabin ...

Archived