BRILLIANCE - no Concierge Lounge for Diamonds?

We heard this before we travelled in April and after many complaints, Diamonds were reinstated in the CL.

I would like to know who makes these rules as it seems to only happen on the Brilliance!!!

Yes, I know there are separate lounges on the Freedom class.

HELP!!! We are on for three weeks and use the coffee machine and there isn´t one in the top deck bars as far as I know.

As I said previously, this happened before our last cruise in April. We all complained and were assured we could use it.

Don´t believe its Member cruises. Seems someone somewhere on board is making up their own rules!!!

I have e-mailed C&A and hope it will be sorted out as we are on for 21 days and it is the reason we sail on RCCL!!!!

If the other room is the Hollywood odyssey that would be great. We were on BOS 11/24/08 and the CL was standing room only every night. Many people wondered why they did not open a the other lounge. On Jewel last year we were in the Hollywood and it was much more enjoyable.

I also like the upstairs for the drinks in the evening.

However, during the day and late evening and for breakfast, we are entitled to use the Concierge Lounge and if we can´t, then RCCL has no more attraction for us than any other

cruise line. The problem is that this seems to be a personal decision taken by some unknown person on board and is NOT Company Policy!!!

This person did this last year on the Brilliance before the transatlantic and we all protested to C&A and HO and keys were then issued again to the Diamonds.

I also like the upstairs for the drinks in the evening.

However, during the day and late evening and for breakfast, we are entitled to use the Concierge Lounge and if we can´t, then RCCL has no more attraction for us than any other

cruise line. The problem is that this seems to be a personal decision taken by some unknown person on board and is NOT Company Policy!!!

This person did this last year on the Brilliance before the transatlantic and we all protested to C&A and HO and keys were then issued again to the Diamonds.

I can understand your passion around this, and it does seem odd if BR is using different rules, but you are not entitled to anything. Can you maybe elaborate and help us understand why this is so important to you?

perhaps this might explain it ..... the Brilliance does not belong to the US but rather to the UK branch which might explain some of the inconsistancies we sometimes see on the Brilliance. It is the littles things you might not notice if you don't look carefully. eg. those of you form europe will not get a posting from a US bank but rather one from a british bank to your CC bill.

We heard this before we travelled in April and after many complaints, Diamonds were reinstated in the CL.

I would like to know who makes these rules as it seems to only happen on the Brilliance!!!

Yes, I know there are separate lounges on the Freedom class.

HELP!!! We are on for three weeks and use the coffee machine and there isn´t one in the top deck bars as far as I know.

Hellosailer, at this point is just a rumor, and I did spoke to soon about something that I did not know anything about. Sorry about that, but I'm positive that everything will be fine by the time you will cruise.

Hope you will forgive me

Somewhere in the boards there is a copy of a letter from Adam Goldstein stating that it should only be in the evening that Diamonds use a seperate lounge, due to the number of D/D+ on board.

The CL is supposed to be available during the daytime, and if otherwise the decision has been made on the ship not from RCCL corporate.

Hope this help:)

I can understand your passion around this, and it does seem odd if BR is using different rules, but you are not entitled to anything. Can you maybe elaborate and help us understand why this is so important to you?

Well, Diamonds are as´ entitled´ as anyone else under RCCL Policy.

As elderly people, we tend to use this facility during the day to read, drink coffee and even sometimes, snooze!!! :D:D Also, after dinner at about 9.00pm we go there for a coffee. It will greatly impact our cruise experience - and the few others who similarly use it - if the rules are changed.

Point is - are the rules changed and who is changing them? Has nothing to do with the registration of the ship - there was a similar problem last March and it turned out that one or two individuals on board instituted this for their own reasons. I have a good idea as to these reasons - but I am a cynic!!!

This practice was stopped instantly when it was reported to Head Office.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=908989&highlight=brilliance

Post #14 is a live post from the Brilliance. They explain that Diamond Plus and Suites can use the concierge. Diamonds have a separate room on deck 13.

Hi everybody, I just wanted to clear things up. English being my second language, i did not make my self clear: I was spoken about this cruise only, of all the changes that are taking place. I cannot speak about the next cruise or a different ship.

This, about diamonds and the concierge has been going on for a long time, but according to HELLOSAILER, its been corrected few times. So, everybody, enjoy your cruises and dont worry about the concierge!!!!!!

Life is to short to worry about it, and make your next cruise, the BEST.

My best regards to all of you!!!!!!!

Archived