dumb question: cash option on SetSail Pass?

If I chose cash option on the set sail pass, can we just give them a credit card when we get to port or do I need to get the cc# and reprint the SetSail?

I had to choose one or the other to print it out and chose cash because I dont have the credit card number or exp. date............my mom insisted on paying for the on board charges and tips and its her card.

I am sure she is still resting this morning trying to get over her sciatica bout she had last week.

I was just eager to print it off this morning as its the last day to check in online :)

4 more days!

Hi Carrying on from your thread I would like to know what happens when you board if you have chosen cash, do you have to hand over a certain amount of cash straight away even though you have not spent anything yet and how much roughly do they want? Any help please.

I always use cash. When I get on the ship, I go right to guest services. I give them $500 cash, linked to the 3 of us in our cabin, We don't drink, so most of the charges are photos and bingo. At the end of a 7 night cruise, on the way off the ship, I go back to the desk and get my unused money back. I always get about $200 cash back, so the 3 of us charge around $300 for the week.

Hi Carrying on from your thread I would like to know what happens when you board if you have chosen cash, do you have to hand over a certain amount of cash straight away even though you have not spent anything yet and how much roughly do they want? Any help please.

We always pay cash for onboard expenses. You can charge up to $500 before RCI will send you a note about placing some cash on your seapass account. DH and I always go straight to the Guest Relations Desk upon boarding the ship tho and put money down right away.

We have also ( on one cruise) used cash and then switched to a credit card when I purchased an expensive piece of art we wanted on a cc.

In that case we were given back the cash we had put down and it all went on the cc.

• 4 weeks later...
You can change your mind at the pier at check-in don't worry. My husband had a sciatica bout last month on our trip - actually is still suffering from it.

Walk, walk, walk. I know from personal experience how painful that is. Ouch....just try to make sure he walks as much as possible...it really helps make it go away fast. It's painful at first, but definitely worth it.

Archived