Drink Packages help?!

alittlebee3

This will be my first cruise and I need some help with the drink packages.

I'm looking at the basic drinks soda package and wondering if it's worth it? I'm not a huge soda drinker, however on holiday will always drink more, maybe 2-3 sodas a day.

How much would it cost to buy a soda without the drinks package?

Also do you get drinks included with meals in the dining rooms?

I've heard so many things from people about not needing a drinks package, however none of them have been with Royal Caribbean. I really need some help!

I'm looking at the basic drinks soda package and wondering if it's worth it? I'm not a huge soda drinker, however on holiday will always drink more, maybe 2-3 sodas a day.

I've heard so many things from people about not needing a drinks package, however none of them have been with Royal Caribbean. I really need some help!

A 12oz can of soda will cost $2.88 with tip.

Included drinks with meals: water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices with breakfast.

Edited by clarea

It also depends on which ship you will be on. I see you are from the UK - if you are sailing from home the drinks package will include soft drinks from the "gun" like they have in bars. The selection is limited to Coke, Diet Coke, Ginger Ale and perhaps Sprite. If you are on a US based ship it will have the Coke Freestyle machine with many many options for Coke products, waters, flavorings, etc.

If you're on a ship with Coke Freestyle machines I'd DEFINATELY buy the basic soda package. You can get dozens of carbonated and non carbonated cock products such as pibbs, coke, Fanta, powerade, minute maid lemonade etc.

It also depends on which ship you will be on. I see you are from the UK - if you are sailing from home the drinks package will include soft drinks from the "gun" like they have in bars. The selection is limited to Coke, Diet Coke, Ginger Ale and perhaps Sprite. If you are on a US based ship it will have the Coke Freestyle machine with many many options for Coke products, waters, flavorings, etc.

I am from the UK, but sailing from Ft Lauderdale on the Allure.

Currently it looks like the drinks package might be worth doing, as it works out if we drink more than 3 sodas a day we will save money.

Thanks for all replies :) very helpful!

I am from the UK, but sailing from Ft Lauderdale on the Allure.

Currently it looks like the drinks package might be worth doing, as it works out if we drink more than 3 sodas a day we will save money.

Thanks for all replies :) very helpful!

On Allure - GO FOR IT !

It's an amazing ship. You're going to have the most awesome time ever.

:)

No soda is included anywhere on the ship. If you want it, you must pay for it. Bob has given you the price for a single can.

A can contains 12 ounces. If you believe that you drink more than a liter of soda each and every day, then the soda package is a good buy.

:)