Whats the "bar setup"? how much is it, where do i order it?

kn516

I was reading another post on smuggling alcohol.

A few people said something about a "bar setup" . What is it, how do I order it, and how much does it cost?

Do we bring our own alcohol, and pay a fee? Or is it a stocked bar in your room that can drink as much as you want?

Is there a pass like the sodas, where you pay a price per day for unlimited alcohol? Probably not, but worth a shot asking lol...

Thanks

:confused:

I was reading another post on smuggling alcohol.

A few people said something about a "bar setup" . What is it, how do I order it, and how much does it cost?

Do we bring our own alcohol, and pay a fee? Or is it a stocked bar in your room that can drink as much as you want?

Is there a pass like the sodas, where you pay a price per day for unlimited alcohol? Probably not, but worth a shot asking lol...

Thanks

:confused:

I've always found that the best way to get info on these boards is to ask someone for an explanation...but you have to ask the people who mentioned the topic you need info about. They are usually a great source!

If that doesn't work, I generally try the search feature. I find that it works quite well.

That should get you going in the right direction whenever you run across an unfamiliar topic.

FWIW....If you don't know what something is or how that something works...how do you know that you want to order it?:confused:

FWIW....If you don't know what something is or how that something works...how do you know that you want to order it?:confused:

Thank you for the advice! I was asking about it to know if i WANT to order it. And if i decide i want to order it, i need to know where/how. Thats why i asked. Just killing 2 birds with one post...:)

I ordered a liter of Absolut for my 14 day cruise on the Sun last year. Cost: $83. No mixers. I thought it was great. You email and they charge your cc, a few weeks before cruise or earlier. Sorry, forgot email address but somebody will chime in with it, I'm sure.

I ordered a liter of Absolut for my 14 day cruise on the Sun last year. Cost: $83. No mixers. I thought it was great. You email and they charge your cc, a few weeks before cruise or earlier. Sorry, forgot email address but somebody will chime in with it, I'm sure.

Interesting!! thanks!

SweeeeeeeT !!!!! And that my friend is why you post non silly questions like that!!

groupevents here I come!

When you email, note that there is no s before the ship name. It is

groupevent not groupevents.

• 2 weeks later...

Im Cruising on the Dawn November 5th, 9 Day Southern Caribbean, and spoke to a rep about the bar set up. I initially emailed asking for a price list for all available but was asked to call in for specific pricing. When I called I actually spoke to the Rep for one of the other boats since the Dawn rep was on vacation for the week. I only asked about a couple of brands and I got the below quotes. All in Canadian Dollars and 1L bottles;

Captain Morgan: $66.78

Bacardi $66.78

Absolute (Citron, Mandarin) $87.98

Smirnoff $66.78

Obviously a lot higher than buying in port or at home, but when you consider the watered down "Drink of the Day" in "souvenier cups" they **** poolside all day, your own bottle makes far more sense even at these prices.

• 1 month later...
Im Cruising on the Dawn November 5th, 9 Day Southern Caribbean, and spoke to a rep about the bar set up. I initially emailed asking for a price list for all available but was asked to call in for specific pricing. When I called I actually spoke to the Rep for one of the other boats since the Dawn rep was on vacation for the week. I only asked about a couple of brands and I got the below quotes. All in Canadian Dollars and 1L bottles;

Captain Morgan: $66.78

Bacardi $66.78

Absolute (Citron, Mandarin) $87.98

Smirnoff $66.78

Obviously a lot higher than buying in port or at home, but when you consider the watered down "Drink of the Day" in "souvenier cups" they **** poolside all day, your own bottle makes far more sense even at these prices.

You are right and that is exactly why we order. We prefer to make our own drinks and enjoy then on our balcony. You can buy a bottle and make several different drinks to your liking. Order tomato juice and orange juice in the morning, put it in the mini-fridge and you have drinks to enjoy in the afternoon or evening made the way YOU like them. Vodka is especially good for this. Lots of combinations.

I contacted the Sky about bar set ups. 1 litre bottle of Southern Comfort is 83$ and Grey Goose is 103$ U.S. plus the service fee. ...

The $3 IS the service fee. I ordered Southern Comfort earlier this week and it was $83 including the $3 service fee.

Since we'll be aboard for 33 days, we figured that $83 was much cheaper than buying a drink in the lounge every evening.

The $3 IS the service fee. I ordered Southern Comfort earlier this week and it was $83 including the $3 service fee.

Since we'll be aboard for 33 days, we figured that $83 was much cheaper than buying a drink in the lounge every evening.

Janis would admire your restraint!:p

can you order the bar set up with the bottle once you are on the ship or must it be ordered in advance?

If you order on the ship the bottle is even more expensive since they figure the price on how many drinks they could pour from it. So, if you want a bottle for your cabin, order it ahead of time.

Janis would admire your restraint!:p

Well, to be honest, the liter of Southern Comfort won't be the only liquor in our cabin. Since we are on b2b2b we'll buy some from the duty free shop onboard during our first cruise so we'll have it during the next two cruises.

Also, a bottle of complimentary wine will be waiting in our cabin for us.

And I know we'll probably sit in a lounge on some of the 33 nights we're aboard and have a sunset drink or a nightcap later.

Archived