Sleeping 4 in Gem Obstructed Oceanview

ravencmoon

I am sailing June 22nd on the Gem in obstructed ocean view stateroom 8096. I will be traveling with two other adults and my 6 year old daughter. I have been trying to find any information regarding having four people in this stateroom category. While I have been able to find a little information, I am still a bit confused and concerned regarding just how tight it will be in there for us. I know it will be small and tight but I am worried we will be on top of each other the entire time. Overall, I know the room will mainly be used for sleeping and we will have a great time. However, any information or advice about how to make this as pleasant an experience as possible would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

it will be tight but duable if you keep things organized and picked up. take a over the door organizer to keep things put away in the bathroom. there will be 3 of us '' fluffy '' girls in a ob oceanview and we are prepared to have tight quarters. but like you, we will just sleep and shower there so it wont be a big deal. have a great time. :)

Thank you for the tip and the reassurance. I am feeling much more at ease. Cannot wait for my first cruise on NCL!

your welcome. also don't take to much luggage. all the bags will take up a lot of space also. I am not sure if bags can go under the beds or not. that is a question I would like to know also. :)

Here is a picture of an inside cabin on a Jewel class ship with all 4 beds in place. Your 4-person ocean view will be very similar.

The bathroom and closet will probably be your real problems. Remember that you can use the showers/bathroom in the gym to supplement your own.

2483096600059187889S425x425Q85.jpg.3ecb319b67a200bb4f0b8c02527db5b8.jpg

Most suitcases will fit under the beds.

thanks rvsullivan. somewhere in a post I read that bags would not fit under the bed and had to be put in the closet. im glad to know they will be out of the way.

Here is a picture of an inside cabin on a Jewel class ship with all 4 beds in place. Your 4-person ocean view will be very similar.

The bathroom and closet will probably be your real problems. Remember that you can use the showers/bathroom in the gym to supplement your own.

wow, packed in like sardines :eek:. I love ncl but their cabins are pretty small compared to carnivals inside and oceanview. but as I said , we will only sleep and shower there. the pull down bed will free up some space for us on the floor for the 3 of us.

OMG! I have this type cabin booked for Sept with DH....but DH may not want to go....and I was thinking of substituting my 26 year old son.

I don't think so........

I have seen a picture of our ob oceanview and it showed a pull-down bunk bed . it is cabin #8052 on the pearl which should have the same layout as the jewel. I sure hope it is correct. as I said earlier, I really like ncl but their cabins are really small compared to other cruiselines. money talks with me but in the future if there is going to be more than 2 in my cabin I will '' suck-it-up '' and get a balcony or do a different cruise line.

Edited by dustyroad

Thanks for the picture! That is certainly tight but we will be able to manage. Luckily, we are light packers so that shouldn't be a problem. It is a wheelchair accessible cabin so I hope the bathroom will be fairly maneuverable. I was not expecting room between the beds so that is fine, but how much room is there in front of the beds? Is it extremely narrow?

I was just on the Jewel, cabin 8094. Sister ship to the Gem. I was near 8096. Did not peak in this room, but did peak into another handicap obstructed OV room and took some pics of it. It is definitely doable for 4 people

I'm at work right now, but later on tonight, I will upload pics of a regular sideways obstructed OV room and the Handicapped obstructed OV room. have to remember how to do that, so if I get tied up, I promise I will figure it out, so keep checking back to this thread.

We did not have 4 in the room, but it is definitely doable. The room is a sideways version which is definitely much roomier.

Edited by djmess

I was just on the Jewel, cabin 8094. Sister ship to the Gem. I was near 8096. Did not peak in this room, but did peak into another handicap obstructed OV room and took some pics of it. It is definitely doable for 4 people

I'm at work right now, but later on tonight, I will upload pics of a regular sideways obstructed OV room and the Handicapped obstructed OV room. have to remember how to do that, so if I get tied up, I promise I will figure it out, so keep checking back to this thread.

We did not have 4 in the room, but it is definitely doable. The room is a sideways version which is definitely much roomier.

You made my day, I definitely am more relaxed now. I will check back for pictures. Thank you! :D

Sorry, I don't know this cabin's number but it was Port Side

084_zps9e1188ac.jpg

From foot of bed down "hall"

090_zps4a87b39c.jpg

089_zpsfa13b20b.jpg

Closet and storage shelves

091_zps8c473cad.jpg

085_zps1b77fc94.jpg

This really helps get a good idea of the obstructed AC cabins on Deck 8 of the Jewel class ships. BTW, we will be in 8100 for next year's April Panama Canal/repo 15 day cruise...first time in this class on NCL, usually have AC balcony..suite a couple times when able. One question, I assume the door shown in the picture is the bathroom...where does the cabin door open...is it right by the bed opposite the TV?

This really helps get a good idea of the obstructed AC cabins on Deck 8 of the Jewel class ships. BTW, we will be in 8100 for next year's April Panama Canal/repo 15 day cruise...first time in this class on NCL, usually have AC balcony..suite a couple times when able. One question, I assume the door shown in the picture is the bathroom...where does the cabin door open...is it right by the bed opposite the TV?

The door is across from the TV, in both the handicap room and the sideways ob ov room

I'm going to be in 8094 on the Gem. Is the window a full size, not a porthole? Was it quiet, being close to the elevators, and restaurant? Thanx, R.A.

IMO, the room is in a fantastic location. The elevators, stairs, hallway are not noisy.

But... I definitely can see some people complain because the live entertainment in the Atrium goes until 11-11:30pm every night. You can definitely hear this in the cabin. This did not bother me in the least, but if you want a quiet room, this is not the one for you.

Mornings were no problem at all. It was also really nice to wake up in morning and go to Blue Lagoon for a sit down breakfast. Never crowded and right outside and around the corner from your room. We ate here almost every morning. Not a huge selection, but we are bagel, toast kinda morning people. There was also always bacon, eggs, sausage and french toast on the menu if you wanted hot breakfast

Now I was out of the cabin every afternoon and early evening, but when I would run by it for various reasons, I didn't notice noise issues during these times. So if a Nap was in order for you, I don't think there are noise issues, but I could be wrong since I don't think I was ever in the cabin for very long in those time frames

Honestly, I would do this cabin again in a minute. I loved the location and the night time entertainment I could hear was never a problem as it was when I was returning to the cabin to retire for the evening and always ended by 11:30pm

Edited by djmess

In a regular cabin, it would be almost wall to wall beds, but an HC cabin, you should have some space between the beds with the room set up to sleep four. Fitting a walker or wheel chair to fit between the beds might be tough, but maybe one would fit with two twins together to make a queen (tight against one wall) and the trundle twin under the Pullman (against the opposite wall).

In a regular cabin, it would be almost wall to wall beds, but an HC cabin, you should have some space between the beds with the room set up to sleep four. Fitting a walker or wheel chair to fit between the beds might be tough, but maybe one would fit with two twins together to make a queen (tight against one wall) and the trundle twin under the Pullman (against the opposite wall).

Thank you for this information. It is very helpful. I can walk with assistance for short distances so I don't mind if I have to fold up my wheelchair somewhere that is slightly inconvenient. It is really having the grab bars in the bathroom and the seat in the shower that is vital.

Thank you for this information. It is very helpful. I can walk with assistance for short distances so I don't mind if I have to fold up my wheelchair somewhere that is slightly inconvenient. It is really having the grab bars in the bathroom and the seat in the shower that is vital.

On our most recent cruise, even though we had an AC Balcony room, it was still nice to get the WC out of the way, so we folded it up and DH placed in in the shower space, when we weren't using that. BTW: I kept my quad or tripod cane close by...also can walk for short distances assisted...should give you guys more room.

The grab bars are extra sturdy, so is the swing up/out of the way shower chair.

The closet rod is set up to come down to you when seated for ease of hanging stuff...those attached hangers are a bit of a pain otherwise. All light switches on rocker panels and call/panic buttons in bathroom and cabin are again, reachable if need be :)