New Miami Cruise Terminal To Be Built By Royal Caribbean for Oasis-Class Ships

Ugh don't do it!! It's a horror show to get to, more expensive to fly into and more expensive hotels

We drive to Miami...The city's traffic is awful ...Much easier out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Ugh don't do it!! It's a horror show to get to, more expensive to fly into and more expensive hotels

Yeah, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Ft. Lauderdale is a nice, midsized city. Miami is a huge international hub, both for travel and business. It's more on par with New York or Chicago. The crowds, airports and hotels are commensurate. Both in price and quality.

I love Miami as a port of departure, but you need to understand what you're getting into. There are world class hotels and experiences that can't really be matched anywhere in Florida. But if that's not what you're after, then I totally understand why Ft. Lauderdale is preferable.

I'm taking a cruise later this summer with the extended family (gf, her parents and her 4 kids). Getting 8 of us from Boston to the ship with an overnight is much, MUCH easier in Ft. Lauderdale. But this fall, when it's just the gf, myself and two other adult couples, I would much prefer to have the night before and departure from Miami.

As a Floridian, I prefer leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale since it's much easier to drive to. Miami is beautiful for sailaway, but the drive there and back is a pain. I'll deal with it though. It's not like I have to go there everyday. :)