Q about price drop

Robbiesox15

If that happens before your final payment date, yes. Another alternative is to upgrade to a nicer cabin at the same price.

After your final payment date you do not have the same flexibility. You may request an upgrade or some OBC (on board credit), but the cruise line is not obligated to provide anything. This is so they can offer last minute discounts on unfilled rooms without risking having to provide a bunch of refunds to those that already paid. I saw a rule of thumb here that for every $100 the price drops, you MAY get around $20 or $25 in OBC if they're feeling generous. Still worth trying.

Do you lose your deposit? What if you booked through a big box web TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Usually no problem canceling BEFORE the final payment date. Each Travel Agency has their own rules. Some charge a non refundable booking fee.

They won't always honor price drop. Last year booked a obstructed room. Was 1,000 pp. Four days later dropped to 650pp. Booked this last minute, less then a month before trip. Called and asked for OBC they said no. But would give me a upgrade. Have been on many cruises with NCL. They gave me a balcony which we were very happy with

They won't always honor price drop. Last year booked a obstructed room. Was 1,000 pp. Four days later dropped to 650pp. Booked this last minute, less then a month before trip. Called and asked for OBC they said no. But would give me a upgrade. Have been on many cruises with NCL. They gave me a balcony which we were very happy with

As said above, they do honour price drops before final payment is due (in the US at least). If you book last minute then that is past final payment so they don't have to offer anything.

Edited by KeithJenner

Usually no problem canceling BEFORE the final payment date. Each Travel Agency has their own rules. Some charge a non refundable booking fee.

Not accurate in many countries outside the US. They will lose their deposits in many cases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Do you lose your deposit? What if you booked through a big box web TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Personally, I would think twice before I would book with another 'Big Box TA". We have used for our last three cruises. We never had reason to contact them after booking until this time. There was a BIG price drop, so i called to see what they could do. For inquiries, you have to follow different prompts on the phone system. It ended up taking me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get the deal sealed. I did it on a Sunday, so I had the time to just sit and wait, but on a weekday I would not have! My 'personal' agent does not work weekends, so I had the choice to either wait and risk the price not changing again or sitting on hold. I sat on hold. NCL did give me a great deal though! Glad I waited. Next time I will book directly with NCL.