Prohibition Party on Allure?

We are on the Allure 26 Feb....one of our roll call members put a very good description of the party....apparently it is limited in the number of participants....takes place about 1045 pm....directions where to meet and so forth get delivered (secretly) to the stateroom (afterall a prohibition is in effect - so dont want particulars to get out to everyone!) ...it is a 20's speakeasy type party in one of the lounges with appropriate music; three drinks incl in price; and some take on the 1920's role. That's about it in a nutshell. I think it will be a hoot.

I'd like to know what night and what time it is so I can " keep it open". It says on the website "every 5 th night", so does that mean on night 5, or does it really migrate every fifth night? I can't imagine that is practical at all!

Also, is it a late night affair...if it is the 5 th night of the cruise that's the same night at Rita's Fiesta and we'd like to do both!

Hopefully someone can at least answer those questions...doesn't give away too many surprises!

We signed up for it on our departing Feb 26th cruise. It is Thursday (formal night), 5th night of cruise. Called for 10:30 and says it is 2 hours. We've read that some of the guests come in Roaring 20's attire or at least accessorize with some Flapper style items. Sounds like a fun time. We can let you know after March 4th how it goes for us.

Cheers,

Marilyn

We signed up for it on our departing Feb 26th cruise. It is Thursday (formal night)' date=' 5th night of cruise. Called for 10:30 and says it is 2 hours. We've read that some of the guests come in Roaring 20's attire or at least accessorize with some Flapper style items. Sounds like a fun time. We can let you know after March 4th how it goes for us.

Cheers,

Marilyn[/quote']

Thanks! It sure seems like fun!

It is a RC party to go with the Chicago theme. You can get info on the allure dining reservations page.

I am sailing on the Allure in March and would love to do this. I just looked on my dining reservation page and could not find anything about it.

Can anyone give me some info as to where exactly i can find it?

My dining reservations and entertainment reservations are all made but I do not see this to book anywhere.

HELP...

Thanks

Which sailing are you on Betmust? I'm also going in March (18th). When I went to look I looked under where you would reserve specialty dining on your My Cruises Reservation and it is listed with the restaurants and called "Prohibition Party" or something like that. I almost missed it. But look for it with specialty restaurants.

Which sailing are you on Betmust? I'm also going in March (18th). When I went to look I looked under where you would reserve specialty dining on your My Cruises Reservation and it is listed with the restaurants and called "Prohibition Party" or something like that. I almost missed it. But look for it with specialty restaurants.

I just found it - thank you. I am also on the March 18th sailing.

I am so excited. This sounds like so much fun. Have to book it.....

Thanks again for your help..

I just found it - thank you. I am also on the March 18th sailing.

I am so excited. This sounds like so much fun. Have to book it.....

Thanks again for your help..

Cool! We have a message board going for our sailing if you want to check it out or maybe you already have - lots of people and it's hard for me to keep track of everyone's names. And a Meet & Mingle party is set up with over 80 people rsvp'd so far.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334322&page=28

We signed up for it on our departing Feb 26th cruise. It is Thursday (formal night)' date=' 5th night of cruise. Called for 10:30 and says it is 2 hours. We've read that some of the guests come in Roaring 20's attire or at least accessorize with some Flapper style items. Sounds like a fun time. We can let you know after March 4th how it goes for us.

Cheers,

Marilyn[/quote']

I'm SO glad to know it's on a formal night! Because I definitely planned to wear my tux for this prohibition party, as it's SO in keeping with the 20's to be in a tux at a speak-easy. But I can't seem to find ANYTHING about what the dress codes are for each night. We're having dinner at Chops that night, and my friends are dressing up with Flapper type clothes for the evening, and I'm definitely wearing my tux. Sort of glad to know that it won't be jeans and t-shirt night in Chops, and that perhaps I may not even BE the only one in a tux! (Not that I'll care particularly - I look darn good in a tux and will wear one any day and time and not care what others might think! haha)

By the way, in booking this party, we were never able to get it to work on the website and had to book it directly with Royal Caribbean, and in the 3-4 rep's that we had to speak with (don't ask why - it's a long aggravating story of dropped calls and rep's that were completely confused!), NONE of them had even HEARD of the Prohibition Party. We had to tell THEM that it was listed under speciality dining!! They kept trying to find it in the Port Excursions section.

The party definitely exists, so you just have to be patient with the reps on the phone if they make you feel like you must be crazy for thinking such a party exists on the Allure!

Archived