Using Beverage Package in Qsine?

jerseygirl3

I would suggest you contact Celebrity directly and get something in writing. As of the 1/5 Silhouette sailing, you could not get the special Qsine cocktails by paying the difference; only the full price. Host Andy posted on my review that this was not Celebrity policy and I should have been able to get them by paying the difference. However, I saw a post by a pax on 1/17 with the same story.

I don't think anyone can really answer this.

I would suggest you contact Celebrity directly and get something in writing. As of the 1/5 Silhouette sailing, you could not get the special Qsine cocktails by paying the difference; only the full price. Host Andy posted on my review that this was not Celebrity policy and I should have been able to get them by paying the difference. However, I saw a post by a pax on 1/17 with the same story.

I don't think anyone can really answer this.

I may be the person on the 1/17 Silhouette cruise you quoted who could not get the $13 drinks for the $1 difference with the premium package. I had read it on CC so asked the waiter before ordering and he definitely said we would have to pay full price for the $13 cocktails and aplogized. I think they have some regular cocktails that are priced less, but we just went with wine and paid the difference when it was more than $12. I didn't think to challenge it, but did put it on my evaluation since it wasn't mentioned when the package was purchased (or at least I didn't see it in the fine print). We never had a problem anywhere else getting drinks for the difference if the drink was greater than $12.

I may be the person on the 1/17 Silhouette cruise you quoted who could not get the $13 drinks for the $1 difference with the premium package. I had read it on CC so asked the waiter before ordering and he definitely said we would have to pay full price for the $13 cocktails and aplogized. I think they have some regular cocktails that are priced less, but we just went with wine and paid the difference when it was more than $12. I didn't think to challenge it, but did put it on my evaluation since it wasn't mentioned when the package was purchased (or at least I didn't see it in the fine print). We never had a problem anywhere else getting drinks for the difference if the drink was greater than $12.

An I understanding you to say that they allowed you to pay the difference when you ordered a glass of wine over $12 in Qsine, but not a cocktail over $12?

Jo-Ann

An I understanding you to say that they allowed you to pay the difference when you ordered a glass of wine over $12 in Qsine, but not a cocktail over $12?

Jo-Ann

It's the special Qsine cocktails that are priced at $13 that we were unable to get. The fancy ones on the iPad menu. You can get regular wine and cocktails but not the Qsine specialty ones.

I've heard that all the cocktails are priced at $13 in Qsine (wine is a different story). If I have the Premium alcohol package, I understand if I order anything over $12, I just pay the difference. Is that true in Qsine as well?

Jo-Ann

TO BETHANIESMOM,

???

Info was posed by the Original Poster, and then confirmed in several replies...

Cheers!

Jo-Ann

I just checked my receipts and it looks like I didn't order any wine more than $12, but it was my impression that just those $13 cocktails were not covered by the package.

We were told in Qsine on Eclipse that their special cocktails (the ones featured on the iPad menu) were not included in the beverage package. I ordered sparkling wine that was $13 a glass and was not charged for the additional $1 per glass. The wine paired very well with the variety of foods served in Qsine. I was quite surprised that I finished an entire bottle over the course of a 3 hr dinner. We left the wine steward a nice tip!!

I just bought my premium beverage package a few weeks ago and in the description it said that it covered up to $12, and anything extra you would pay the difference. Apparently they forgot to mention this does not apply to Qsine!! Glad I read this.

I just bought my premium beverage package a few weeks ago and in the description it said that it covered up to $12, and anything extra you would pay the difference. Apparently they forgot to mention this does not apply to Qsine!! Glad I read this.

It does not apply anywhere, it has nothing to do with Qsine!

To be clear, you cannot just pay the difference between your package limit and the drink price.

It is not even down to your individual server, the system will not permit it.

If you have been told differently then you have been misled.

To be clear, you cannot just pay the difference between your package limit and the drink price.

Huh?????

Everything I've read posted by others in CC who had the Premium Package said that you are allowed to order a drink priced higher than the $12 limit and just pay the difference. Apparently this only applies to the Premium Alcohol Package.

Are you saying everybody who has posted this is wrong?

Jo-Ann

Huh?????

Everything I've read posted by others in CC who had the Premium Package said that you are allowed to order a drink priced higher than the $12 limit and just pay the difference. Apparently this only applies to the Premium Alcohol Package.

Are you saying everybody who has posted this is wrong?

Jo-Ann

We absolutely did pay the difference using our premium package on Eclipse 12/10/11 sailing! I have also seen written materials from X stating this s allowable.

With the Premium package you can just pay the difference in beverages that cost over $12 (with the possible exception of Qsine's special cocktail list). This was not the case when the beverage packages first came out, but has been the policy for a while now. This does not apply to the Classic package.

We absolutely did pay the difference using our premium package on Eclipse 12/10/11 sailing! I have also seen written materials from X stating this s allowable.

I've read that numerous times here and thought I'd seen it in "official" print somewhere but cannot seem to find anything on Celebrity's website. Do you have a link just in case we run into an issue on board?

I've read that numerous times here and thought I'd seen it in "official" print somewhere but cannot seem to find anything on Celebrity's website. Do you have a link just in case we run into an issue on board?

You will not have an issue; it has been policy for quite some time now.

• 6 months later...

I called Celebrity today (8/18/12) and spoke to two people, including the customer service supervisor, to confirm that you only pay the DIFFERENCE no matter if it's Qsine or a bar (this was the case on our transatlantic cruise.). The caveat is that you MUST have the "Premium Beverage Package" in order to get the benefit of paying the difference. For example, you cannot have the Classic package and pay the difference, you must pay the full amount. This is because everyone would just get the classic package which is cheaper.

We always buy the premium beverage package and have never had an issue in any of the restaurants or bars. Of course, none of the beverage packages cover wine by the bottle, room service or the mini bar.

Counting the days til our next Celebrity Cruise, 11/24/12.

I have taken this directly from the Celebrity website:

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

You may do this with the Premium Package only. You can purchase beverages above the $12 Premium Package limit, and pay the difference between the cost of the beverage and the $12 limit. You are not allowed to do this with any of the other Beverage Packages.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

I have taken this directly from the Celebrity website:

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

You may do this with the Premium Package only. You can purchase beverages above the $12 Premium Package limit, and pay the difference between the cost of the beverage and the $12 limit. You are not allowed to do this with any of the other Beverage Packages.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Ooops....I should have included a link to the page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4043&faqSubjectId=358

We sailed on the Eclipse in July from Southampton and had pre-purchased the premium beverage package on sale, thank goodness. The night we ate in Qsine my husband ordered wine at $13.75 and assumed we'd pay the difference. We were never charged. However we were left a card in our room about the Celebrity beverage packages and it stated that the premium package was $62.10 a day and beverages up to $13.75 were included. I have not seen this price adjustment on the Celebrity website so perhaps this was just for cruises sailing from England. The Classic package was $50.60 for beverages up to $9.25. I've saved the card to see what happens on our March cruise. Same ship but starting and ending in the U.S.

Archived