Using Beverage Package in Qsine?

jerseygirl3

We sailed on the Eclipse in July from Southampton and had pre-purchased the premium beverage package on sale, thank goodness. The night we ate in Qsine my husband ordered wine at $13.75 and assumed we'd pay the difference. We were never charged. However we were left a card in our room about the Celebrity beverage packages and it stated that the premium package was $62.10 a day and beverages up to $13.75 were included. I have not seen this price adjustment on the Celebrity website so perhaps this was just for cruises sailing from England. The Classic package was $50.60 for beverages up to $9.25. I've saved the card to see what happens on our March cruise. Same ship but starting and ending in the U.S.

If I remember correctly, Celebrity was including all gratuities for ships sailing out of Southampton this year. And if I'm not mistaken, the prices mentioned above INCLUDE the gratuity/tip since that sailing was out of Southampton.

If this is the case, the above poster will see lower base prices for the packages on ships sailing from US ports, but have an additional 15% for tips added at time of purchase.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so if qsine doesn't let you pay the difference and you are stuck paying the 13 dollars (when you have the premium drink package) are these drinks worth it? I don't mind buying myself a cocktail after getting the drink package, but if it isn't worth it I would be sad. When I say worth it, I mean as in being delicious and hiding the alcohol well even though there is still a good amount in there LOL.

We were on the Summit in June, two couples, all of us having the premium beverage package. Ate in Qsine, had 8 glasses of the delicious white sangria (2 apiece) at $13 per glass. We asked before ordering it if it was included in our package and were told "yes" just pay the difference. (this is not the case if you have the classic package, you pay full price if you go over the $8 limit on that package)

As it turned out, the waiter didn't even charge the extra $8 we should have paid.

We were on the Summit in June, two couples, all of us having the premium beverage package. Ate in Qsine, had 8 glasses of the delicious white sangria (2 apiece) at $13 per glass. We asked before ordering it if it was included in our package and were told "yes" just pay the difference. (this is not the case if you have the classic package, you pay full price if you go over the $8 limit on that package)

As it turned out, the waiter didn't even charge the extra $8 we should have paid.

same here....sangria included (with $1 upcharge) but not the cocktails. You won't miss them - leaves more room for the delicious food

We just got off the Reflection. We have the premium package and it was our understanding that anything over $12 would be charged only at the "over" price.

At Qsine, two of us ordered wine and were not charged. But two in our group ordered cocktails and the full amount, plus gratutity, was billed. After visiting Customer Relations, the charge for the cocktail ordered by my husband was removed (he didn't dispute the charge, simply asked if they would look into it since it seemed incorrect). But the charge for the coctail our friend ordered stayed on his account.

So - "who's on first" ~smile~.

Library Lady - Four in our group had the premium drink package and one person had a soda package. Bar service across the board (including wine at dinner, special coffee, bottled water) was great. Even though we did not track if we were ahead of the game or not - all of us agreed we would purchase the drink package again. It was so easy. An example of nice service was during dinner. We were brought a variety of wines to try and even an after-dinner sweet wine that we normally would never have ordered. It was a nice experience.

I guess I'll find out for myself when we go on Reflection in February, since we were not allowed to pay the difference on Silhouette this past January. We have Premium packages again.

Frankly, if this is a policy, it should be listed as an exclusion on the alcohol packages page in my opinion. Otherwise, any beverage should mean just that.

Library Lady - Four in our group had the premium drink package and one person had a soda package. Bar service across the board (including wine at dinner, special coffee, bottled water) was great. Even though we did not track if we were ahead of the game or not - all of us agreed we would purchase the drink package again. It was so easy. An example of nice service was during dinner. We were brought a variety of wines to try and even an after-dinner sweet wine that we normally would never have ordered. It was a nice experience.

Thanks for the feedback!! I hope they have another 10% off sale before January. I think it's a real "luxury" to enjoy whatever drinks we want. DH discovered port on our Eclipse cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a search on Celebrity's site and it states

"Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your chosen beverage package can be used in many areas of the ship - the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in - stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Ergomatic® wine dispensing system in Cellar Masters. Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase again. This package must be pre-booked a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Beverage Packages on board, please visit any bar throughout the ship."

and on another page

"What could be more convenient?

Pay one set price to enjoy a wide variety of beverage choices, including your favorite cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless refills of sodas, featuring Coca-Cola® products, and unlimited bottled water. Our beverage packages allow you the freedom to try something new or stick with your tried-and-true favorites.

Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your chosen beverage package can be used in many areas of the ship - the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

I would print it, email Celebrity for a written decision, and take the email with me. (if it was in my favor :) I would not wait until my seating to bring up the issue.

Good luck and post back the result. My cruise isn't until April so I'm curious to see the result. I will also be sending an email.

• 1 month later...

Archived