Quest questions

nickle0

My husband and I really enjoyed Quest on our cruise a few years ago. We are hoping to incorporate it into a New Year's Eve party but are having trouble coming up with the questions. Can anyone help us out with this? If you prefer not to post them here directly could you please email me at penny@lvtalk.com

Thanks for any help.

Thats the problem with the Quest game. With so many people knowing the questions(including myself) I think the game has outlived its fun and surprises. The CD's need to be creative and come up with some other participation games. How many times can you watch the Love and Marriage game?

Thats the problem with the Quest game. With so many people knowing the questions(including myself) I think the game has outlived its fun and surprises. The CD's need to be creative and come up with some other participation games. How many times can you watch the Love and Marriage game?

I agree.............however last week on the Sovereign, the CD did ask some newer questions at the Love and Marriage game..............

I think its not fair or nearly as fun if the couples or the groups at Quest know ahead what to answer or to have handy.......

The last few times I've played Quest, they've gone through the audience beforehand and made people that brought bags of stuff with them put them on the side of the room or give them to the staff to watch. It is more fun seeing people try to scramble for things. I've also seen them asking different questions and having a lot more action quests (which I love).

Remember that more than 80% of the people onboard are on their first cruise and haven't seen it before. That goes for both games!

Have you ever auditioned? Probably not! Why? Because you know!

The people who don't are the ones that do! The games are a constant source of amusement for my DW. Quest takes on a whole added dimension on a Voyager Class ship because it is held in studio b.

Its a hoot

I agree.............however last week on the Sovereign, the CD did ask some newer questions at the Love and Marriage game..............

I think its not fair or nearly as fun if the couples or the groups at Quest know ahead what to answer or to have handy.......

They play the quest game on the Sovereign???? I thought they only had the game on the Voyager Class ships!

I will be on the Sovereign in March....how much fun!!!!!

They play the quest game on the Sovereign???? I thought they only had the game on the Voyager Class ships!

I will be on the Sovereign in March....how much fun!!!!!

They have it on all RCCL ships!!! To me it's better on the smaller ships than on the Voyager class.

The Quest game was somewhat amusing the first and only time we attended. L and M was just plain stupid. We won't attend stuff like this anymore unless it's something we haven't seen.

These tiresome shows...including the lame productions and the 30 year old ship jokes are all part of a much greater problem; the entertainment is aimed at first time cruisers on mass market lines and has been since the early 80's.

I wondered if people stock up for the Quest game, saw it once and have had the kids with us the other trips. Good to hear they take away the cheats people bring in.

I have yet to be bored with the Love and Marriage game. It's always different and you can be the oldest couple are the ones who will make you laugh hardest. Saw it in August and it was the funniest yet.

Am not big on the production shows, but the comic they had in August, also the best I have heard, just about anywhere.

The last few times I've played Quest, they've gone through the audience beforehand and made people that brought bags of stuff with them put them on the side of the room or give them to the staff to watch. It is more fun seeing people try to scramble for things. I've also seen them asking different questions and having a lot more action quests (which I love).

On the Explorer in September there were a couple of people who had "bags of goodies" and they ALLOWED them!! The CD was a substitute so I don't know if that was the reason but it annoyed me.

The people now bring all the things needed in a bag. It was far more fun years ago before the CD's started using the same list every cruise.

I was really disappointed to see that they do not play it the same way anymore on the Navigator. It was not as good as playing with smaller teams as it used to be done.

Love and Marriage is the same. Same questions week after week after week. We do B2B cruises and we already know all the answers to each question, and all the items needed at Quest.

I wish the CD's would get a little more creative and think of new items to find and new questions to ask..

I saw my first quest on the Freedom last month. All I can say is... OMG:eek: Ours was adults only and was practically XXX rated. Everybody got to see 16 in a whole new light. Is it always adults only or is that just CD Ken Rush's thing? He sure was a great CD. I will make sure to see the quest in January on the Splendour.

Pam

Am I missing something??? I have seen the quest in the cruise compass but never went, my 6th RCL cruise in Feb should I look for this??? or is a waste of time? Any info on what it is would be great....thanks

Definitely go, it is an adult only show and it is really funny.

I saw my first quest on the Freedom last month. All I can say is... OMG:eek: Ours was adults only and was practically XXX rated. Everybody got to see 16 in a whole new light. Is it always adults only or is that just CD Ken Rush's thing? He sure was a great CD. I will make sure to see the quest in January on the Splendour.

Pam

Hey Pam!

What a fun week that was, wasnt it!

That was by far MOST X rated quest I've ever seen... or for that matter, the most X rated that ANY of the cruise staff had seen either! That one brought a new meaning to 'Adults only'. Sweet sixteen, not so sweet after all... haha

Oh by the way, The Quest is always adults only... although I think they do offer a 'family quest' on some ships now too.

Sarah

That was by far MOST X rated quest I've ever seen... or for that matter, the most X rated that ANY of the cruise staff had seen either! That one brought a new meaning to 'Adults only'. Sweet sixteen, not so sweet after all... haha

I don't think it was a Ken Rush thing because he was CD on my first Voyager cruise and Quest was not x-rated. NOW, my Monarch cruise was x-rated. They carded people at the door as they entered the lounge.

Just got home today, err yesterday now, from Freedom and participated in The Quest. It was in my opinion the most tame one I have been involved in. The worst thing that was asked for was a male team member with his pants down showing nothing more than their underwear. From my experience, the CD's rarely change their items that are looking for. Now in the past it has been raunchy, but x rated?? I wouldn't go that far. What I did like about this past game was Ken went on about not wanting to hear about the game and how their little Johnny or Sally witnessed it all. He had more than once explained that it is adults only and if you wish to allow your children to be prsent, then don't complain. First time I have heard a Cd telling guests that he would not stand for complaints from the hipocritical people in the world, those that would cover their eyes, but peek out to see what was happeneing and then complain about it afterwards.

I don't think it was a Ken Rush thing because he was CD on my first Voyager cruise and Quest was not x-rated. NOW, my Monarch cruise was x-rated. They carded people at the door as they entered the lounge.

<perk> Does that mean that I'm going to be CARDED?????

I look forward to that! ;)

<perk> Does that mean that I'm going to be CARDED?????

I look forward to that! ;)

I know you do.:D I can't say for certain though as there is a different CD onboard the ship now. I have heard that Monarch does one of the better games.;)

What I did like about this past game was Ken went on about not wanting to hear about the game and how their little Johnny or Sally witnessed it all. He had more than once explained that it is adults only and if you wish to allow your children to be prsent, then don't complain. First time I have heard a Cd telling guests that he would not stand for complaints from the hipocritical people in the world, those that would cover their eyes, but peek out to see what was happeneing and then complain about it afterwards.

Sounds to me like the same Ken Rush speech he gave on the Mariner in January 2004.

He's a good CD but you've got a scoop if something new comes out of his mouth. Did he drop his drawers and show you his shorts?:rolleyes:

Archived