Sea World in Orlando?

Michigan511

Good morning fellow cruisers! My husband, the in-laws, and I will be cruising on the Jewel out of New York on March 31, and we're still debating shore excursions. Has anyone who's sailed an NCL itinerary that stops in Port Canaveral/Orlando, FL gone to Sea World? If so, did you find that you had enough time to make the excursion worthwhile? We love aquariums and would like to take this opportunity to check out Sea World, but I'm just worried that with the hour-long transfer each direction, we won't have enough time there to justify the price tag... Thanks!

Good morning fellow cruisers! My husband, the in-laws, and I will be cruising on the Jewel out of New York on March 31, and we're still debating shore excursions. Has anyone who's sailed an NCL itinerary that stops in Port Canaveral/Orlando, FL gone to Sea World? If so, did you find that you had enough time to make the excursion worthwhile? We love aquariums and would like to take this opportunity to check out Sea World, but I'm just worried that with the hour-long transfer each direction, we won't have enough time there to justify the price tag... Thanks!

If it were me I'd go see NASA....have you ever been there?

I"m a Florida resident, and have been to Disney, Seaworld, etc., more times than I can count. Even so, I can't imagine having enough time on a cruise excursion to make this worth the money. How many hours are you there? I'd do something else and maybe plan a trip to Orlando in the future.

We were on the Jewel a few years ago and went to Sea World. We didn't go through the ship though. We rented a car and drove ourselves. Had a great time at Sea World and even had time to stop at Target on the way back to the ship to buy water and soda. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

We are on the Gem sailing April 1st. Were taking the ship transportation excursion to Sea World when in Port Canaveral. Sea World closes at 10 PM and KSC closes at 5 PM. Even with the ride to/from Orlando You should get more time in Sea World, about 6 hours compared to 4. I'm a space nut, so for me 4 hours at KSC is a waste! I have been there before and I know there is way too much to see. We did the Disney excursion a couple years back on the Carnival Pride from Port Canaveral and they are very efficient in getting you from the ship to the park and back. We had a good 6 to 8 hours in the Park and were beat. It's just enough time if you plan what you want to see/do. I will say it is a bit costly for just 6 hours. Fortunatly for us we have season passes to all Sea World Parks this year and this will be our 2nd trip there in 4 months.

The Sea World show schedual is on there web site. You can look at it and see what you would like to see/do and then decide if it is worth the money for you. Either way have a great Cruise. We will be right behind you on the Gem!

We did Disney the first time we sailed this itinerary. And, we'll never do it again. We weren't in port long enough to justify the cost of the excursion. We got to see 4 attractions and have lunch and that was it!

Last year, we went to Kennedy instead.... THAT was awesome!

We did Disney the first time we sailed this itinerary. And, we'll never do it again. We weren't in port long enough to justify the cost of the excursion. We got to see 4 attractions and have lunch and that was it!

Last year, we went to Kennedy instead.... THAT was awesome!

Sea World is a much smaller park than Disney. You would have a better chance at Sea World to see the majority of the park and shows. Weither or not it's worth the money for a few hours is relative.....

Thanks for the insight! We did KSC last time we cruised, and loved it! Of course there was far too little time to see everything, but we sure tried. Still weighing our options for this trip, but the feedback is much appreciated!

personally i think for what we pay to go to seaworld, its worth it just to see the shamu show. ive seen it probably 8 times and it never fails to impress me!

that being said, i think with four hours or more in the actual park, you will be able to do alot, with less than let, then maybe it wouldnt be worth the drive or the price tag to go along with it.

Archived