50 minutes 149

80 minutes 221

• sports Massage

50 minutes 149

80 minutes 221

• Sole Rejuvenation

50 minutes 130

TWO -BY-TWO MASSAGE *

Prices listed are for two people with two therapists.

• Canyon Ranch Massage

50 minutes $239

80 minutes 347

• Canyon Stone Massage

80 minutes 365

• Tension-Zone massage

50 minutes 239

• Deep-TISSUE Massage

50 minutes 293

80 minutes 437

• Aromatherapy Massage

50 minutes 257

80 minutes 365

optional

MASSAGE ENHANCEMENTS

• Peppermint Scalp Refresher $32

• Revitalizing Foot Treatment _32

* On selected vessels.

Explore some of our most popular services.

SKIN CARE

Thank you A Knitter! The planning on how to burn through the OBC can now begin in earnest.

Welcome. The mad rush to the Spa on embarkation to review the spa services is just too hectic. A few massages and/or services and the OBC is depleted:D

Here I am being a cheap, wet blanket again.

I have had my services like nails and massages done in the ports that I visit. You can research ahead of time to know what to expect. Over on the ports of calls boards many poeple discuss spas in the ports.

Also I often plan a visit to a local spa at the end of my trip. That way after all the stress of traveling home I have something to look forward to and to re-energize me. Plus usually at big savings.

The ships spas are very nice and provide comparable services to high end resorts and some people love that convenience.

All are great choices.

Totally agree with you. I am scheduled for a massage in Tobago while in port and will look for a nail salon as well in another Don't mind a massage or two onboard as I plan ahead to spend the $, but some of the prices are outrageous.

N U OF services:) aboard Oceania Cruises

MENU OF

services

SKIN CARE TREATMENTS

• Your Transformation Facial

50 minutes $150

80 minutes 195

• Your “Total” Transformation

Facial

80 minutes 290

• Ageless Oxygen Boost

50 minutes 198

• total elegance facial

50 minutes 150

• total elegance Age-

Minimizing facial

50 minutes 185

• deep cleansing Facial

50 minutes 130

80 minutes 195

• vitamin infusion Facial

50 minutes 149

80 minutes 195

• cleanse & polish Back

Treatment

50 minutes 130

• sensitive skin Facial

50 minutes 140

• Gentlemen’s Facial

50 minutes 130

OP TIONALFACIALENHANCEMEN TSSKIN CARE

These are in Pesos, right.............

Could you please tell me the details of your massage in Tobago. I have done this is P. Vallarta a couple of times and enjoy it after a day sightseeing.

Thanks for posting the Spa prices, too.

Joanne

Here you go. I will be getting the 90 minute massage. I believe the taxi ride is no more than 6-8 US dollar and another member is sharing the ride to the resort:)

We are twenty five minutes from the main port of Scarborough, easily accessible by taxi. Our massages start at $60 US for the hour long reflexology, deep tissue and Swedish style massages and $80 US for the hour and a half long shiatsu or thai yoga massage treatments. Advance booking is required. We also have a wonderful restaurant and bar onsite that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as salads and sandwiches throughout the day if you want a little snack after your session.

Thank you for contacting Kariwak and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

www.kariwak.com

The restaurant serves breakfast from 7.30-10.30, lunch from 12.30-2.30 and salads and sandwiches are available from 11am – 7pm and the bar is open throughout the day.

We do not have any shops on the premises and the pool is reserved for registered guests however you are welcome to hang out at the hammocks and lounge chairs in the back garden and maybe, if it is very quiet, we could discuss use of the outdoor Jacuzzi area, also in the back garden. Pigeon Point and Store Bay beaches are also within walking or taxi distance and there are shops at both of these sites – more so at Pigeon Point.

The taxi ride from the port to Kariwak would be 30 minutes at the most, usually more like 20 but with traffic off your vessel all returning around the same time, it’s hard to say for sure. I would think the best bet would be to have your massages, have lunch around noon then head over to Pigeon Point for a shop and a swim before getting back to the boat.

Hope this helps (copied to Maria as well) and looking forward to hearing from you soon

• 1 month later...

Some services were discounted throughout the cruise, as is usually done. A 30% off coupon was also distributed for attending a brief talk on the services which they offer (to be used on port days only).

My wife had an aromatherapy massage, canyon ranch massage and oygen boost facial on separate days with a therapist named Drainah. She enjoyed the Spa very much. An 18% tip is suggested.

Is there not a gratuity added already, plus another 18%? I usually give 20% but this time I thought I read some is already added to the bill, so I wondered if they are getting 35 to 40 percent? pretty good, if that is that.

No. The brochure with pricing states "An 18% service charge will be added to all listed prices."

so it is added not just a "suggestion" :confused: just like purchases of wine or other alcoholic drinks

Lyn

so it is added not just a "suggestion" :confused: just like purchases of wine or other alcoholic drinks

Lyn

We were happy with the service and tipped accordingly so I do not know if it would be possible to tip less. The tip was added to an itemized hand-written receipt at our request and the total then appeared on our stateroom account as the lump sum amount.

I would think that one could tip a lesser amount (or none at all if somebody really wanted to prove a point) and that such a request would be honored but I do not know this to be an absolute fact.

We were happy with the service and tipped accordingly so I do not know if it would be possible to tip less. The tip was added to an itemized hand-written receipt at our request and the total then appeared on our stateroom account as the lump sum amount.

I would think that one could tip a lesser amount (or none at all if somebody really wanted to prove a point) and that such a request would be honored but I do not know this to be an absolute fact.

The previous spa company added the 18% ..i do not believe it was negotiable

I wonder if you can reduce the tip for drinks:D

No. The brochure with pricing states "An 18% service charge will be added to all listed prices."

Does that mean a service charge is not the same as a gratuity? I guess I was okay all along if that is the case. I am not trying to save a few dollars, just understand. I have always just added the 20% to the total bill. Is that how others see this?

Does that mean a service charge is not the same as a gratuity? I guess I was okay all along if that is the case. I am not trying to save a few dollars, just understand. I have always just added the 20% to the total bill. Is that how others see this?

In the past the 18% was tip/service charge.

I would give the girl a little extra in cash

If you are adding 20% on top of the 18% they must love you

48% would be a great tip:D

According to O website for the spa

Gratuities

An 18 percent service charge is included in all listed prices. Any additional gratuities for exceptional service are appreciated, but not expected.

I also agree with others that the service with Canyon Spa was far better than the previous contract owners. The Spa Manager was always available to the passengers which was non-existent before.

I forgot to post in my review recently that the manicurist only do acrylic nails and not silk wraps.

According to O website for the spa

Gratuities

An 18 percent service charge is included in all listed prices. Any additional gratuities for exceptional service are appreciated, but not expected.

That is true but I also note that there are no actual prices on the web site.

I am holding a physical brochure obtained on-board approximately two weeks ago titled "Menu of Services aboard Oceania Cruises Canyon Ranch SpaClub" which lists the spa prices and explicitly states "An 18% service charge will be added to all listed prices. Additional tipping for exceptional service is appreciated but not expected."

Another brochure titled "Guide to Services aboard Oceania Cruises Canyon Ranch SpaClub" had the following quote REDACTED with dark black ink: "An 18% charge is included in all listed prices. Any additional gratuities for exceptional service are appreciated but not expected."

We arranged all tips through Natalie, the Spa manager, who made it clear that tips were not included in listed brochure price.

Another brochure titled "Guide to Services aboard Oceania Cruises Canyon Ranch SpaClub" had the following quote REDACTED with dark black ink: "An 18% charge is included in all listed prices. Any additional gratuities for exceptional service are appreciated but not expected."

Did they say what the 18% charge was for then?

Seems high for taxes even by O standards

Lyn

Archived