What's the Latest You've Received Your Upgrade After Bidding...?

Yo Adrienne

I made my bid a while ago and got the email confirmation right away. After that, it said and still says "pending" and has not changed. We're about a week away from sailing. Checking the NCL site periodically this week, and our cruise has (at various times) disappeared, reappeared, and at times has shown as "sold out."

I know there are only a limited number of staterooms available in the category I bid on, so I'm assuming that at this point, they're all sold out...and it's just a question of a last minute cancellation of a room in that category--and then I might get it...? (The website says that an upgrade can occur up to two days before sailing.) Just to clarify, I'm very happy with where I am currently, so it's not a big deal if I don't get the upgrade.

Anyone have any experience in this type of case...? And what's the latest you've been notified of a winning bid...?

Also, do you only receive an email if your bid is accepted or do they send one when it's rejected, too...?

Thanks so much.

According to many folks in this thread - getting notified at the 2 day mark is not uncommon.

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

I've been reading through the full thread on the bidding and am about halfway through it...(seeing a lot of comments from you)...and you clearly know your stuff...! :)

So, I'm coming to you, the expert...my bid still says "pending" and we're now less than a week out. Our cruise is, once again, gone from the NCL website. Would you guess that the cruise is sold out...and they're just holding onto my bid...in the off chance that there's a cancellation between now and when I sail...?

Any thoughts from you would be most appreciated...! :)

I've been reading through the full thread on the bidding and am about halfway through it...(seeing a lot of comments from you)...and you clearly know your stuff...! :)

So, I'm coming to you, the expert...my bid still says "pending" and we're now less than a week out. Our cruise is, once again, gone from the NCL website. Would you guess that the cruise is sold out...and they're just holding onto my bid...in the off chance that there's a cancellation between now and when I sail...?

Any thoughts from you would be most appreciated...! :)

Cruise gone from web site = sold out at the moment

Many people make bids. The vast majority will get a decline 48 days before their cruise. On our last cruise, we had 6 bids in from a mini through top haven.

Way too many variables to know what to expect.

How many will be moving up vacating the cabin/category you want?

How many will cancel opening up a cabin?

How many rooms were on hold for maint. or some other issue that have opened up?

How many rooms did they just pull from inventory for similar issues?

How many OTHER PEOPLE have bid?

And how much did they bid? If $1 more than you... well...

If you can answer all of those, you have a slim chance of figuring it out.

Way too many variables to know what to expect.

How many will be moving up vacating the cabin/category you want?

How many will cancel opening up a cabin?

How many rooms were on hold for maint. or some other issue that have opened up?

How many rooms did they just pull from inventory for similar issues?

How many OTHER PEOPLE have bid?

And how much did they bid? If $1 more than you... well...

If you can answer all of those, you have a slim chance of figuring it out.

Oh yes, I'm sure it's part of a very complicated algorithm...! :)

Thanks so much...! :)

We are sailing on October 1st. Got my bid acceptance about 2 weeks ago. Balcony to a Mini-suite. We have two other parties sailing with us so I told them to put in bids as I saw there were a lot a mini-suites available and their bids got accepted within a week. It probably just depends on how well the cruise is selling out.