Princess Luggage Valet Service

cruiselovers20

We had a bag shipped to Copenhagen before our TA last fall. The program was a bit pricey, but we thought it was worth it. A very nice courier came to our house and took the bag. As he scanned it he said, "Your luggage is on its way to Europe". We got to the port fairly early, and as I was wondering around the embarkation lounge I saw a pallet full of luggage wrapped in plastic, and there was our suitcase waiting to board. We were the 3rd and 4th people to board, and our suitcase was already in our cabin. The luggage we carried with us arrived several hours later. Yes, it was expensive, but would we do it again? A definite yes.

We used Princess Luggage Valet the opposite way. We shipped a suitcase from Venice at the end of the cruise to our home so we only had carry-on suitcases for the rest of our land trip through Europe. We received the paperwork on the ship and left the suitcase out the final night with the shipping tags. That was the last we saw of it until it arrived at our house. It was pricey but so worth it to not have to carry around "cruise" clothing that we didn't need. We would do it again in a heartbeat and consider it money well spent.

We are using Princess Valet Service for our New England/Canada cruise that starts tomorrow(9/26/2013). The courier came last Thursday to pick up our luggage. Hopefully it will be in our stateroom when we arrive. I will let you know how it worked out. It is pricey, but so much better than having to hassle with checked baggage at airports

We used this service in late 2007 on our Holy Land cruise (Athens to Venice). We toured Greece by car for about a week prior to the cruise. After spending a couple of days in Venice, we took the train to Vienna, picked up a car there, and eventually flew home from Munich. We left home in late October and returned home in late November. Temperatures ranged from the 60's in Greece, 70's in Egypt, 30's in Venice and 20's in Vienna.

We shipped our cold weather clothes and formal wear to the ship. At the end of the cruise we shipped our "mild" weather clothes and formal wear home. Our suitcase was waiting for us in our cabin upon embarcation, and it beat us home after our post-cruise travels.

You are only allowed to put your personal clothes in the suitcase. This is so the shipper has simpler customs declarations to deal with, so no, you can't slip in any souvenirs. You also must provide a detailed list of everything in the suitcase, include the value for each item. This part of the paperwork is very tedious.

The service was expensive - about $350 each way for a single 26 inch suitcase. Like you, we didn't want to lug any more luggage around than absolutely necessary, especially in Venice and on the train. For us it made sense to do this, but it's a personal decision whether the cost and benefit balance out.

Anyone know what the cost is for shipping from the US to a port in the US? I just had unplanned surgery and will be cruising in a month. No heavy lifting allowed. I just thought maybe luggage valet would help me out.

Never mind, I found my answers here: http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/before_you_leave/luggage.html

Archived