Aqua Bamboo & Spa, Waikki Circle in Honolulu

J&RLOVESTOCRUISE

Ok I've been researching hotels and I've come up with 2 that are in my price range of 120.00 per night.

They both get ok reviews some good some not so good.

Has anyone stayed in either one of these hotels?

We are wanting a place to stay 3 days before our cruise and 3 days after. We are going on January.

If you have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Please state the good the bad adn the ugly. ;)

I consider myself a Waikiki hotel snob, always wanting beachfront at the best hotels. Two weeks ago we kept walking by the Aqua Waikiki Beachside and we have decided to try it next week. If you book on a Thursday or Friday there is a very good savings. The reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor are very good for the most part. I will post a review when we get back. I know the Aqua will not be the Outrigger Waikiki or the Moana Surfrider but it really looks like a good option. You can also cancel reservations if necessary. Cherie

I consider myself a Waikiki hotel snob, always wanting beachfront at the best hotels. Two weeks ago we kept walking by the Aqua Waikiki Beachside and we have decided to try it next week. If you book on a Thursday or Friday there is a very good savings. The reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor are very good for the most part. I will post a review when we get back. I know the Aqua will not be the Outrigger Waikiki or the Moana Surfrider but it really looks like a good option. You can also cancel reservations if necessary. Cherie

Cherie, when you say book on a Thursday or Friday do you mean actually book those days or stay those days?

Also book through who or directly through the hotel ? Also how much of a savings?

Thank you

Hi, you book on a Thursday or Friday and you can stay any day of the week. For example the ocean view rate for next week is $129, the special for making the booking on a Thursday or Friday is $89. This rate is only available on the hotel's website. As I said, each time we walked by this hotel a couple of weeks ago we commented on how nice the lobby looked, and I looked up to see what the balconies looked like. Then, with so many good reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to give it a try. We had been trying the Priceline routine (which we have used once before) for a resort room but it was not working. The other thing with Priceline is that you have no idea what view you will get. And...when I am in Waikiki I want to look out at the ocean. Hope this helps, Cherie

Hi, I had a bit of trouble having it show up this a.m. also. So...I googled 48 hour sale at Aqua Waikiki Beachside hotel. Google will show you the official Aqua Hotel and Resorts site where the 48 hour sale is shown. I just did it again to make sure it still works. Cherie

Ok I've been researching hotels and I've come up with 2 that are in my price range of 120.00 per night.

They both get ok reviews some good some not so good.

Has anyone stayed in either one of these hotels?

We are wanting a place to stay 3 days before our cruise and 3 days after. We are going on January.

If you have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Please state the good the bad adn the ugly. ;)

I have stayed at both of these hotels. I hated the Aqua Bamboo. They said they refurbished it 2 years ago but don't tell you they only did the lobby Not anything else least of all the rooms. Rooms were filthy and tiny. It is about two blocks from the beach. It has a small pool.

Loved the Circle hotel. In fact I think it is the best kept secret in Waikiki. Make sure and get an ocean view room. The views are to die for. This hotel is right across the street from the beach. No pool but who needs it when the ocean is so close. Oh, and if it makes a difference the bathrooms in this hotel only have showers not bath tubs. Comp beach towels, coffee and newspaper.

I highly recommend the Circle hotel.

Hi, I am sorry that I did not realize that the Thursday/Friday booking special was not for dates after May, 2010. But...I had also been interested in the "it's nifty to be fifty" special which I was unable to access on their website. So...I called reservations at 866-406-2782 and asked about it. It is good thru 2011. The person answering the phone could not have been nicer. You have to call the 866 number to get this special, the first night is $50 and the rest of the nights are at the regular rate. So...in January you would pay $50 for the first night and $129 for the next 2 nights for an ocean view room. When making the reservation they will charge the 3 nights at $129 but at check-out they will refund the $79 to your credit card. You can also cancel these reservations up to 24 hours prior to arrival. So...my opinion is, if you can, make the reservation and cancel if you decide to. I will let you know what I think after our stay, ending on March 28. The location of this hotel is great, it does not have a pool, but my preference for swimming is the ocean when I am on Waikiki. Let me know if I can be of more help. As you can tell, we love Waikiki before and/or after a trip to the North Shore. Cherie

Hi, I am sorry that I did not realize that the Thursday/Friday booking special was not for dates after May, 2010. But...I had also been interested in the "it's nifty to be fifty" special which I was unable to access on their website. So...I called reservations at 866-406-2782 and asked about it. It is good thru 2011. The person answering the phone could not have been nicer. You have to call the 866 number to get this special, the first night is $50 and the rest of the nights are at the regular rate. So...in January you would pay $50 for the first night and $129 for the next 2 nights for an ocean view room. When making the reservation they will charge the 3 nights at $129 but at check-out they will refund the $79 to your credit card. You can also cancel these reservations up to 24 hours prior to arrival. So...my opinion is, if you can, make the reservation and cancel if you decide to. I will let you know what I think after our stay, ending on March 28. The location of this hotel is great, it does not have a pool, but my preference for swimming is the ocean when I am on Waikiki. Let me know if I can be of more help. As you can tell, we love Waikiki before and/or after a trip to the North Shore. Cherie

Thank you so much and if you wouldn't mind would you please pick up any coupons they may have if they are good thru Jan. 2011. I will give you my e-mail address and I will then give you my address. I will pay for what ever postage it may cost you. If you come up with any other ideas I would appreciate hearing anything you have to offer.

rfrenchbaxter@msn.com

Thank you so much

I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Oh also are you renting a car while there?

I have stayed at both of these hotels. I hated the Aqua Bamboo. They said they refurbished it 2 years ago but don't tell you they only did the lobby Not anything else least of all the rooms. Rooms were filthy and tiny. It is about two blocks from the beach. It has a small pool.

Loved the Circle hotel. In fact I think it is the best kept secret in Waikiki. Make sure and get an ocean view room. The views are to die for. This hotel is right across the street from the beach. No pool but who needs it when the ocean is so close. Oh, and if it makes a difference the bathrooms in this hotel only have showers not bath tubs. Comp beach towels, coffee and newspaper.

I highly recommend the Circle hotel.

Thank you for your help. :o

Cherie, I called the number that you posted and it was for the Aqua Hotel.

Can you post the number for the Waikiki Circle if that is the hotel you are talking about. Thank you

Watch out for the tripadvisor reviews in Honolulu (and every else as well.) They are having big problems with operators manufacturing fake reviews. Watch as you scroll through the reviews for an abnormal number of first posters - some of those hotels have almost nothing but and the review often go into excessive details that most people, especially a first time poster, wouldn't. Most places that don't do this will have more reviews from people who have also reviewed other hotels or destinations on the site. Just something to keep in mind while researching.

We stayed at the Hotel Renew a few weeks ago (who, BTW, has been long suspected of making up their own reviews but I didn't find that out until after we booked a non-refundable rate.) It was actually fairly nice, inexepensive for Waikiki, and good for a night or two. Wonderful front desk and bell staff. Rooms were small and a quirky Zen design but it was still a decent place.

I have an ocean front room booked at the Circle for three nights post cruise @$118./night (using entertainment book). Ocean view room was $103. Is there much difference between the views. Any other recommendations in this price range?

Yes, in Hawaii an ocean view is being able to see a little piece of ocean from your balcony, usually a side view. Ocean front means you are smack dab in front of the beach and ocean. I have stayed at this hotel twice and the ocean front is what you want. I'm Jealous. :D I think the price is great. When I stayed it was $128 and that was two years ago.

I have an ocean front room booked at the Circle for three nights post cruise @$118./night (using entertainment book). Ocean view room was $103. Is there much difference between the views. Any other recommendations in this price range?

Ocean front is the best, and ask for a room on a high floor. They cannot guarantee it but you can make the request. Cherie

Yes, in Hawaii an ocean view is being able to see a little piece of ocean from your balcony, usually a side view. Ocean front means you are smack dab in front of the beach and ocean. I have stayed at this hotel twice and the ocean front is what you want. I'm Jealous. :D I think the price is great. When I stayed it was $128 and that was two years ago.

We are not going until January 2011 so should I wait until January to purchase the entertainment book? I can get an Ocen front room for 136.00 per night without the coupon can you tell me how much the coupon takes off?

Thank you

ok I goggled the entertainment book and you can get a basic room for 112.00 plus taxes.

An Ocean Front room goes for 167..00 per night with the book.

But if you go to Aston Hotel Site if you are 50 or above you can get the same basic room for 106.00 plus taxes and a Ocean Front room for 153.00 plus taxes.

I'm so excited I just called and got an Ocean Front Room At Aston Circle for 126.00 per night in January 2011.

If you call now you can get this years prices for next years dates and if the price goes down for your catagory they will honor it.

I'm very happy with what I got!

Also if you book now under the Senior rate you will qualify for a free upgrade if its available. I just booked the guar. room.

Oh I know and that is the reason why I booked so early. I've read many reviews on this hotel and even Frommers stated this hotel was teh best kept secret in Honolulu. I now the rooms are not big, the showers are on the small side and there is no pool but the view, location, cleanliness and reviews say a lot.

I just hope all turns out ok

Archived