1a ???

bones774

Im looking at a carnival glory cruise and the 1a cabin prices, upper and lower the kids don't mind. Are these rooms like tiny closets?

Hw many of these rooms do they have onboard?

They have been selling them for months and I know from experience on other lines chances of upgrade are very good.

I would like to get a 1a and possibly and o/v opposite from one another, doable?

Thanks

Which one?? they are all different, and very few have bunks. 6393, and the one mid ship deck 7 and 8, have two twins. All the ones I have seen on the first two decks, have one twin and one convertible sofa bed.

The ones like 6393 are larger than a regular inside, but not as large as a OV. Others like the port hole 1As are almost as large as a OV.

wow, thanks for the quick replies. I was scanning thru the "everything 1a" thread and there is an awful lot to digest and many options that the cabin stewards do on their own, making the decision more difficult.

any more info directly re: Glory would be helpful at this time.

PS-Is the max occupancy of a 1a always 2 or can it be 3, I have a family of 5.

i'm gonna have to take what is available. Do they have an outside o/v across the hall?

I'll be needing a few 1a's we will be having multiple families, are they clustered?Have you ever been upgraded for free? I did inside with another line and was upgraded 4 grades to a beautiful cabin for free, they only had 12 of the cheap rooms onboard and were selling them for over a year, I knew they had to be sold out, esp, since we took five of them.

pics are fine.

Thanks

Nope, they are not clustered, so maybe my pics will not help. 2211, 2217 and the ones opposite on Main, there are 4 that are on the outside, with portholes ... so no they wouldnt be opposite OVs, as they are on the hull side.

You probably should pull up deck plans of Glory and look yourself. There are 4 portholes on Riveria and 4 on Main, and then some others that you cant see out of further forward.

The ones like 6393 are opposite balcony cabins...

1As are in beige on Carnival ... so you can see them.

Iv never been upgraded, but I picked a specific cabin ... because I know the 1As are better than inside cabins. I dont know if you can book a 1A guarantee, you can look. then you have even less chance of having cabins near each other if you dont pick?

Look near the front of decks Riveria and Main, thats where most of the 1As are.

Im looking at a carnival glory cruise and the 1a cabin prices, upper and lower the kids don't mind. Are these rooms like tiny closets?

Hw many of these rooms do they have onboard?

They have been selling them for months and I know from experience on other lines chances of upgrade are very good.

I would like to get a 1a and possibly and o/v opposite from one another, doable?

Thanks

I've had a 1A on 2 of my cruises, and they work great. On the Fantasy class ships, they are the same size as normal rooms, all inside. On the Holiday, I had a 1A with a porthole in the front of the ship. That room was a little bit smaller than the standard 185 sq ft. It was still plenty of room for me, and would be fine for 2. The Glory has some of those rooms in the front of the ship on Decks 1 & 2. The ones with the triangle symbol have the regular bed and sofa bed. Without that symbol, it would be a regular bed and an upper. On Decks 6,7,& 8, there is one 1A on each floor that's bigger than a normal room, but it's right by the elevators and steps, and there's probably alot of noise. I think I'm counting 19 1As total, 8 with portholes.

If you do upgrade after you book, you'll just simply pay what the price is for that higher category at the time you upgrade. If you book an OV, you will be assigned a room by Carnival at some point in the future, so you could wind up in any of the 6As-6Cs. It would be better to pick your own room, so you can be as close as you can to the rest of your party.

I had 2217 porthole cabin on the Glory in September and loved it. I was actually very surprised at how roomy it was, and pleasantly surprised that it had two twins that had been pushed together for a queen bed.

I understand all the rooms have different configurations but that one is a steal. Beautiful room and lots of space, definitely would do it again.

On Glory Riviera Deck they have 2 1a's near the back elevators- 1426, and 1435. My parents had one of these 2 years ago and loved it! it is set up for bunk beds, but when mom and dad were in there they found a way to set it up for a king on the floor. if you use these rooms you can get an OV across the hall on either side. I'm told that you dont get any elevator noise at all. They LOVED the location. Definately look at them!!

Good Luck!

I had 2217 porthole cabin on the Glory in September and loved it. I was actually very surprised at how roomy it was, and pleasantly surprised that it had two twins that had been pushed together for a queen bed.

I understand all the rooms have different configurations but that one is a steal. Beautiful room and lots of space, definitely would do it again.

I had the cabin next to this, and it was OV size, way larger than a inside. I agree, we loved all the space. We had one twin and one convertible sofa, which is a tiny bit lower than a twin, but exactly the same size. A convertible sofa, the back pillows just come off and its a twin. Some people seem to think it pulls out but no, its twin size, our steward threw the pillows on the floor at nigth.

I saw the 1a 's with portholes on the glory deck plan and thought i must be color blind, how can it be an "inside" when it is outside.

Shhhhhhhhh! Don't let Carnival know!:D

I've only had a 1A on Inspiration. The cabin felt large as there is only a single bed with lots of cabin space. The other is the bunk which comes down at right angle to the lower bed so it's like a T. Bathroom same size as other cabins. I really liked it but did wish there was a small lounge chair or mini sofa instead of just a chair.

Shhhhhhhhh! Don't let Carnival know!:D

I've only had a 1A on Inspiration. The cabin felt large as there is only a single bed with lots of cabin space. The other is the bunk which comes down at right angle to the lower bed so it's like a T. Bathroom same size as other cabins. I really liked it but did wish there was a small lounge chair or mini sofa instead of just a chair.

The OP will be on Glory where the rooms are larger, so they can put in another piece of furniture or have even more space and no bunks.

I dont book them on Fantasy class ships because they are bunks and no bigger. Iv been moving up to PTs now. Only like $20 or $30 pp more... and well worth the little increase to me.

I'll probably be booking 4 or 5 cabins and they may be scattered all over, plus now that i'm told I can guarantee a cabin someone else may have booked the good cabins.

What is hard to understand is if you can book your specific cabin, when they are all "sold out" Carnival can no longer offer that Inside rate which I thought was a good hook to get people onboard and to fill ship from bottom up?

I'll probably be booking 4 or 5 cabins and they may be scattered all over, plus now that i'm told I can guarantee a cabin someone else may have booked the good cabins.

What is hard to understand is if you can book your specific cabin, when they are all "sold out" Carnival can no longer offer that Inside rate which I thought was a good hook to get people onboard and to fill ship from bottom up?

1As often sell out early on, at least on my cruise. So, I never can price match and get a price drop unless I upgrade to a non sold out category. I would only agree to "upgrade" to a inside if they were offering me money back. ... (on a Conquest class ship only of course) because to me the 1A is the better cabin (larger and maybe even port holes). Why would I want to upgrade to a inside that is smaller unless they are cheaper and Im getting money back??

I have run into this where the IS price was lower .. but they wouldnt allow you to upgrade to a IS guarantee, they told me 1A is part (which it isnt), but anyway they wouldnt allow it. You will have to upgrade to a specific inside if last minute prices drop to get a price match more than likely

I was supposed to be in 2211 on Triumph, but upgraded to a 4E last minute, and gave up my port hole for $60 back. .. but we had to fight for it a little. I usually book 1A on Conquest class or Triumph class.

This is on Conquest, which should be same as Glory as they are considered sister ships. If you have seen a regular inside, the hallway is narrow, and when you walk in the wall unit is separated into two pieces, the longer part is behind the bathroom and the part with the refrigerator is behind the closets.

On 6393, notice how wide the entrance is ... thats how much wider this cabin is than a regular inside cabin and then they put all the desk etc, down the side in the extra space in one piece.

Hahahahah, I put my ship on a stick I won on the dresser for the picture on purpose.

2110303826_Picture001.jpg.6a4cdf4720153f0b360846b3df9cfb2a.jpg

1732757624_Picture002.jpg.264bb80cdc5c728294d822bbfd5afd5e.jpg

1330471130_Picture003.jpg.655681ce1120d77f0a8b4764ff6079b9.jpg

367299594_Picture004.jpg.ee64b375563fed156d8c828400b9542b.jpg

81263389_Picture006.jpg.b7dca1b4a0d5b028a2c394bf712afb1e.jpg

jdbmga: Not that kids would notice, but did there seem to be excessive noise from the stairs/elevators in your kids cabin #7345? Night time is not an issue since we are up until 1:00-2:00 AM, its the noise during the early morning. Please verify the beds can be pushed together. Thanks so much for your help.

Ann

jdbmga: Not that kids would notice, but did there seem to be excessive noise from the stairs/elevators in your kids cabin #7345? Night time is not an issue since we are up until 1:00-2:00 AM, its the noise during the early morning. Please verify the beds can be pushed together. Thanks so much for your help.

Ann

Here is a picture of 7345 on Valor confirming two twins. I will be in 7345 on Conquest and will take more pics. 7345 is right above where 6393 is one deck lower, by the elevator and laudry rooms and we did not experience any noise, but people could hang out at the laundry room. The elevators are quiet, but you could hear a drunk coming off? ...our experience was this was a great location.

See Valor 7345 here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18683635&posted=1#post18683635

I tried to get the smaller 1A cabin on deck 8, but missed out. But did get the deck 7 cabin to confirm and take pictures of next time.

All 1a's are not alike. From my experience on that class ship, the upper level cabins near the front of the ship (6224, 6227, ) are noticably narrower. They're fine for one, but might be a little tight for two, even two kids. I'd try to score one of the 1a's near the aft elevators, but be aware at least a few of those are handicapped.

All 1a's are not alike. From my experience on that class ship, the upper level cabins near the front of the ship (6224, 6227, ) are noticably narrower. They're fine for one, but might be a little tight for two, even two kids. I'd try to score one of the 1a's near the aft elevators, but be aware at least a few of those are handicapped.

I havent seen a handicapped 1A on Conquest class?? I know one of the ones that used to be a 1A with two windows, on some ships was semi HC, but thats no longer a 1A... which other is HC?? I know there is at least one on Dream too, but Im not aware of any on Conquest class.

Archived