Bon Voyage With Sail Away Bubbles

QuestionMark.gif

If Bon Voyage means anything to you, what does it mean? I used to go and "board" the ship when we would go see my Grandparents off on a cruise. It was a lot of fun. It was very exciting. The hallways were full of beautifully dressed (mostly older as I recall it) people gathering into crowded staterooms to eat and drink champagne and wish friends and family a wonderful voyage. People would throw confetti and lose streamers when they sailed away from the NY harbor- and what a fond memory it is!!

My point is, I just thought I would mention that bubbles is probably a really fun alternative......Am I a kid at heart? Is it a nutty idea or a fun idea?

My kids are both teenagers and I want them to be able to look back and say, "My Mom was so much fun that we were blowing bubbles out to the ocean as we were "Sailing Away". I'm sure it is an enviromentally friendly idea!

Why is it now "Sail Away"? What ever happened to "Bon Voyage"?

blowinbubbles.gifblowinbubbles.gif

Hehehe. I went on my first cruise last December with my friend and we couldnt wait for the "Sail away" party-Hehee. We, being the blondes we are, thought there would be people waving bye and basically everything you mentioned. You know,The stuff you see on movies :)

Hehehe. I went on my first cruise last December with my friend and we couldnt wait for the "Sail away" party-Hehee. We, being the blondes we are, thought there would be people waving bye and basically everything you mentioned. You know,The stuff you see on movies :)

Hehehee....welcome to my blonde world, lmao Although I know sail away isnt like that anymore. It would be nice if it was! It is still pretty festive and everyone is excited- but its only the ones on board who are excited- noone waves good-bye anymore lol I'm gonna be happy with my bubbles lol

pile_of_bubbles_lg_whtc.gifpile_of_bubbles_lg_whtc.gifpile_of_bubbles_lg_whtc.gifpile_of_bubbles_lg_whtc.gifpile_of_bubbles_lg_whtc.gif

The last few group cruises that I organized , I was able to go to the Dollar store and purchase bottles of bubbles for 3/$1. It was a great gift to share with each of the couples that were with us. We even used them on some of the sail aways from different ports. ( yes, we are easily entertained!) Let the kid in you enjoy life!:)

We did bubbles last month on our Mariner cruise. We had an Aft balcony & as we were leaving Port Canaveral we blew the bubbles from there. It was fun & there was a little girl a couple decks below...as the bubbles would drift by here we could hear her telling her mom, look mom bubbles.......:D

Okay :):)

Im glad to see im not totally alone in this thought!

Im surprised it hasnt crossed my mind before. We've been cruising with our kids for awhile.

Now to decide whether to use good old fashioned bubbles with a stick or to buy small battery operated bubble blowers?

I'm going on a short trip on Majesty next month with 7 other women...my first all girls trip. We're having a party before we go, so I made up little bags for everyone. I got little bottles of bubbles...about 8 in a pack a the dollar store. It was perfect!

I don't care of other people look at us like we're crazy. We'll be having fun!

I'm going on a short trip on Majesty next month with 7 other women...my first all girls trip. We're having a party before we go, so I made up little bags for everyone. I got little bottles of bubbles...about 8 in a pack a the dollar store. It was perfect!

Yeah, I didn't care if other people looked at us like we were crazy either:D Two 50 year old women blowing bubbles:p I think they were all jealous that they hadn't thought of it themselves.:)

Okay :):)

Im glad to see im not totally alone in this thought!

Im surprised it hasnt crossed my mind before. We've been cruising with our kids for awhile.

Now to decide whether to use good old fashioned bubbles with a stick or to buy small battery operated bubble blowers?

Once the ship gets going, all you have to do is hold the stick up over your head. The breeze will blow the bubbles for you!

They used to have environmentally safe streamers, but guess they were not that safe since they are not used anymore. For several years now I have seen lots of people do the bubbles thing. It is fun, just not quite as festive as having streamers all over the place.

I wonder if environmentally safe streamers are allowed if one brings them, It could be that the cruiselines just don't want to pay for them and so do not make them available for the guests.?? Anyone know. Balloons would be fun too, but if helium guess those would not be too good for the environment as sooner or later they have to come down

Annieeee

My first cruise was out of Port Canaveral(sp), this December we are leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. It will be neat to leave from a different place. I work in a daycare and have sooooo many different type of bubble toys, wands, battery operated blowers, etc.. I may have to pack a few, if I have room.

I brought along the bubbles for our sail away back in May. The only problem was no matter where I stood it seemed that bubbles were blowing into other passengers' faces. Some weren't too happy about it.:(

Maybe if we had had a balcony it might have been better.:rolleyes:

LBB, are you on the 22nd cruise?

Last year on our EOS trip we had a GREAT roll call group (we are STILL posting!!). We all met at 3:00 before the ship even left and we all wore red hats. Most of us bought little gifts for everyone else - red leis, bead necklaces and I bought tiny wedding bubbles! What a great bunch of people!

Stacey, love the idea. We're going on a short (4day) on the 22nd and will give it a try.

I'm going to try to find your email so we can catch up!!!!!!!

Still on the Cape, returning to FL the 17th. Can you believe this weather???

Kathryn

My mom brought bubbles from my wedding 5 years ago. She apparently over-bought.

she brought a bag out on deck and they were so popular that people were asking her about them. She started giving them away and people started asking her "how much?" They were a big hit and she loved that others liked the bubbles too.

I even saw some of the bubbles thoughout the cruise near registers at the bars. It was fun to see that mom had made people happy.

The sail-away from Fort Lauderdale is always very festive. People are always lining up along the rocks or are going out on their condo verandahs waving good bye and blowing air horns. Sometimes people wave flags and have balloons!!!

Hi Enchantment!! Havent seen you on Roll Call in awhile! Hope all is going well in College!!

We're definitely planning on bubbles...Dont forget to bring some!!

cleopat- agreed!! They were probably looking on with envy!!

FLCruiseGirl......Hmmm...blonde moment for me..What a great thought! That will be fun in itself just watching the bubbles fly from the wand with the winds breez!!

Annieeee- where do you find envirmentally friendly streamers?? Id love some.

Tabby98- I have seen some very small battery-op bubble blowers but I always wondered if they worked well.....I know the larger ones are great

mamamo65- I thought about that. I like being respectful of peoples space b/c I like it in return. So I will just make sure to.

Hi Oville! We should have had bubbles on our July sail!! my mail is this name at yahoo

Fun @ C- usually DO have more fun than the kids

This is quite funny .... we were always going to take bubbles on our cruise! It is my DD's most favorite toy of all times and now you mention it, it will be great during sail away. Lets just hope the bubbles wont freeze, seeing that we'll leave Bayonne in December! LOL

Archived