Penhaligon's soap

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:09 AM.
California
109 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
We'll be on the QM2 again in December after a 3 year absence. Do they still put bar soap in the rooms?

I know this may be one of the sillier questions to appear in the forum, but I LOVE the Quercus soap and I have the impression that Penhaligon no longer makes it.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,571 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Last few cruises we have been on the bar soap was a different brand, sorry I can't remember the name.
All the other toiletries were Quercus.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Gower Peninsula, Wales
2,981 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
One small soap tablet, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion - all in small bottle that are replenished as necessary. They are Penhaligan’s Quercus range.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

QV - December 2017
QE - March 2018
QM2 - April 2018
QM2 - January 2019
Ipswich
86 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
smileon

Standard cabins have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, face soap bar, body soap bar, cotton wool, cotton buds and shower cap (?) I think thats it.
California
109 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Host Hattie
Last few cruises we have been on the bar soap was a different brand, sorry I can't remember the name.
All the other toiletries were Quercus.
Yes, that's what I suspected. At least the liquid toiletries are still Quercus.
Cambridgeshire, UK
861 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by wenlyn
smileon

Standard cabins have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, face soap bar, body soap bar, cotton wool, cotton buds and shower cap (?) I think thats it.
And body lotion (also Quercus).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app
Charleston, Charleston Made in Carolina
1,805 Posts
Joined Sep 2001
I have made several trips on the different Cunard ships and there has never been Penhaligons bar soap in the rooms. Even in Queens Grill last January the bar soap was not Penhaligons.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"When we presently got under way and went poking down the broad Ohio, I became a new being and the subject of my own admiration. I was a traveler!"
Mark Twain
California
109 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Calliope
I have made several trips on the different Cunard ships and there has never been Penhaligons bar soap in the rooms. Even in Queens Grill last January the bar soap was not Penhaligons.
Wasn't that what we had 3 years ago? On both QM2 and QV, I think.
Pennsylvania
5,751 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
It was Gilchrist & Soames and then changed to Penhaligon's maybe around 2012.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
Chicago
296 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by Chart Room Princess
Does anybody else dislike the scent of this soap?
I've been on one too many extended business trips where I've used the hotel soap and shampoo all week, so I bring my own on long trips now (and did so on QM2). My wife thinks I'm nuts, but it was nice having a little piece of home with me in the shower every morning.
Pennsylvania
5,751 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I find the scent of Quercus soap preferable to Neutrogena soap, a favorite of Hilton chain hotels. Neutrogena smells like stale cigarettes to me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise