Norway with ms Koningsdam

wwefahad

Hello every one

This is the first time to me to try cruising. I spend a lot of time to choice fine cruise in Norway. And finally I found this:

14-DAY VOYAGE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN

8 july 2018

Holland America Cruise

ship is : ms Koningsdam

I just want if any one tried same this cruise line or ms Koningsdam ,tell me What are the pros and cons ms Koningsdam and how is Holland America Cruise is it perfect.

I read a lot of reviews in the internet but they always say the royal caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line they have best ships and activities but I want this trip because it has all cities that I want to visit it.

If you have any suggestion please help me

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you come over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Holland America, located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

you will see tons of info on Konningsdam. She is HAL's newest ship. We sailed on her for 21 days last March...she is a wonderful ship, and would happily take her on that route.

We have been on Koningsdam (in Mediterranean) and it was great.

We have also done almost the same itinerary on a different Holland America ship.

The itinerary is fantastic. It is amazing to be on deck at midnight and the sun still in the sky. We were given certificates that we crossed the Arctic Circle and that was really a nice momento to have.

Don't worry about activities if this is the itinerary you want. The ports and scenery will more than counteract any perceived shortage of activities.

We would love to do the itinerary again and the K'dam would be a great ship to do it on.

We might join you!

I think this would be a great trip. Although we have not been on the Koningsdam, I have found that new ships on the mainstream lines are a pretty safe bet. When sailing the Caribbean, the ship or line may be more important. However, sailing Alaska, Europe, Med, Norway, etc. I have found that you want to pick your ports and departure port carefully. In my opinion, the ship is less important as long as it is a reputable line, which HAL is.

We went on a 7 day Norway Fjords cruise on the Queen Elizabeth and loved the trip. We really wanted to go on the longer midnight sun trip, but could not get away from our jobs for that long. I am jealous! Have fun.