NJ Transit (Toms River Park & Ride) to Port Authority?

OceanBlueWaters

Hello,

Has anyone used NJ Transit to get to the Port Authority? From what I've read on NJ Transit website, the trip is about $50/round trip (from Toms River).

My question is: How painful/painless was it?

I've read here you can catch a cab to the Pier for a few bucks. Cool.

All info welcomed! Thanks so much! :)

Hello,

Has anyone used NJ Transit to get to the Port Authority? From what I've read on NJ Transit website, the trip is about $50/round trip (from Toms River).

My question is: How painful/painless was it?

I've read here you can catch a cab to the Pier for a few bucks. Cool.

All info welcomed! Thanks so much! :)

Are you planning to leave your car there? I'd call the parking folks to make sure you can leave your car overnight for the length of the cruise. Daily parking is $2 exact change. http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/Transportation/TransportationTRParkRide.aspx

OP, we can't give your a direct nor straight answer w/o knowing your details, date & time of travel, # of luggage, size & weight. Feel free to call NJT directly for your answers.

Here's a tip, however: the #319 & #320 bus route typically originate from Atlantic City with Toms River as the one en route stop, ditto on its southbound trip. The buses (non-hybrid, not sure about the CNG ones) are equipped to store luggage underneath, space permitting, on a first-come first-serve basis, but if it is full - feel free to board the next bus instead.

Which pier are you talking about, but it is more than a few dollars plus idle time sitting in traffic, add another $5 to $10 bucks ... but, you can always do a little walking to avoid pain in your wallet.

Edited by mking8288

Thanks mking8288!

I did plan on calling NJ Transit to work out the details (luggage, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone has taken the bus (from South/Central Jersey) to Port Authority and their experience (truthful review vs mass transit's picture perfect transfers every time). LOL!

My destination would be Manhattan for the Gem.

Thanks again for info :)

Thanks mking8288!

I did plan on calling NJ Transit to work out the details (luggage, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone has taken the bus (from South/Central Jersey) to Port Authority and their experience (truthful review vs mass transit's picture perfect transfers every time). LOL!

My destination would be Manhattan for the Gem.

Thanks again for info :)

I used to take that bus route to NY for both work-related and personal trips, from a bit further north ( Monmouth County) very frequently. It was generally a horrible experience (and I wasn't dealing with luggage). Uncomfortable seats , uncomfortably riding buses, frequent traffic delays. I took it because it was the only mass transit available from the area where I lived to NY City , so I didn't have any choice.

I wouldn't voluntarily ride that bus again if they were paying me $50 to take it.

Thank you njhoreseman for your brutally, honest review! That was EXACTLY what I was looking for! (y)

I will definitely aim low so as not to be disappointed. LOL. The bus will certainly ease the stress of driving/parking though. Still tossing it around.

I always left from Miami/Port Canaveral. Even though NY is SO close, I am having a hard time deciding on an itinerary. I am not a fan of sea days (call me crazy) and NYC definitely has some sea days before getting to the action. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Ship action, but more at night. LOL!

Thanks again! :):)